Recent content by daftcombo

1. daftcombo

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

I borrowed @renaudrenaud 's pair of K371 last week (after his pair of K361 two weeks ago) to listen to music at the office. I can only apply EQ in Foobar because I can't install EqualizerAPO, since I would need administrator rights in Windows. Right now listening in Foobar with Amir's EQ...
  2. daftcombo

Male vocals

David Sylvian / Brilliant Trees / Brilliant Trees / 1984
  3. daftcombo

Harman preference curve for headphones - am I the only one that doesn't like this curve?

I suspect that most people who say they don't like the Harman curve have EQed theit headphones to the Harman curve based on a frequency response graph where the Harman curve was already applied.
  4. daftcombo

Revel Salon2 vs Genelec 8351B - Blind Test Preparations

I have also experienced that speakers with no waveguide can have a great stereo image. I don't know why. A waveguide is usually better for tonality though.
  5. daftcombo

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

Nice, but I can't help thinking that a pair of KH310 would fit very wll in those lateral spaces.
  6. daftcombo

Can you hear the difference?

Nice one. Glad I picked the strad :-)
  7. daftcombo

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 amplifier with MW RS-100-24 SMPS power supply (measurements)

Ok. To be sure to understand: your PSU is not grounded, and it is better so. Right?
  8. daftcombo

Thanks. Is your power supply grounded? Mine isn't. Would there be a benefit if mine was grounded?
  9. daftcombo

Can you measure the hiss or hum it produces in speakers? My Aiyima is a bit noisy in that regard (with Glob Tek 36 V / 5 A PSU).
  10. daftcombo

How to create headphones EQ profile using REW

Three +360° phase roll to get the impression to be on a Champagne trip.
  11. daftcombo

How to create headphones EQ profile using REW

You need Rephase to create EQ corrections in the form of a WAV file. https://rephase.org/
Top Bottom