Recent content by cyclo

1. cyclo

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I have 3 x Fosi V3s powering, respectively, the stereo front channels; a center channel speaker which is bi-amp capable (Paradigm C500) so I power the treble mid input with one channel and the bass drivers input with the other channel; and the rear channel speakers. For the front channel I use...
  2. cyclo

TV Series Suggestion Please

It gets better in the next episodes... Episode 5 which I watched last night was, without getting into spoilers, nuts! :)
  3. cyclo

Dune 2 - Score discussion with Zimmer, your reactions to film

I watched it on IMAX 70mm (Colossus Theater in Vaughn Ontario Canada) and I can discern the surround tracks including height channels. However as others have pointed, the volume was at near concert levels so the surround channels including height tend to be drowned out. Even thought the sound...
  4. cyclo

5 episodes in... this one is good...
  5. cyclo

Three episodes in and it has been great so far...
  6. cyclo

Fosi ZA3 TPA3255 Mono/Stereo Switchable Amplifier, and vs Aiyima A07 Max

I use my V3s as power amps hooked up to my Marantz Pre Pro... I calibrated the levels so everything is set with the V3s at max levels... Still it is a pain to switch them all on (3 x Fosi v3s) then turn the volume to max. A simple toggle switch like on the Aiyima A07 to switch these things on or...
  7. cyclo

I have a couple of Fosi V3s which I am very happy with in my setup and I doubt I would be getting one of these ZA3s anytime soon. However, the ideal Fosi Class D amp for me would be a V3 (V4?) with a trigger and an on/off toggle switch instead of an on/off switch integrated with the volume knob...
  8. cyclo

I am just wondering why Fosi nor anyone has yet to send Amir a ZA3 to test. When the v3 came out or even before it was for sale on Amazon, Amir already had one tested here on ASR.
  9. cyclo

Report: Faulty HDMI 2.1 chip in receivers also prevents QMS from working (not fixable?)

I did a little more digging and indeed QMS is still not working on the new batch of AVRs... It is not until 2026 when nuvoton will update the HDMI chipsets used on a variety of AVRs. Link to article: "There is probably no solution to this problem – in contrast to the HDMI 2.1 bug: According to...
  10. cyclo

Report: Faulty HDMI 2.1 chip in receivers also prevents QMS from working (not fixable?)

I know that which is why I want to get an updated AVR or Pre Pro so I can connect the inputs directly to it instead of the TV. What I am concerned about when doing so (getting a new AVR and connecting the inputs to the AVR instead of the TV, especially in the case of the Apple TV) is if QMS...
  11. cyclo

Do the newer Denon Receivers (X3800H and X4800H) and Marantz PrePro/Receivers (AV10, AVR 50 and AVR 40) have updated HDMI 2.1 chipsets that fixes these bugs? I have my sources (Apple TV, Sony Blu-ray player) connected to my LG TV and I really like the QMS implementation on both the Apple TV and...
  12. cyclo

Marantz Cinema 40 AVR Review

Now if only Marantz can strip off all the amps on this AVR and sell it as an AV 40 with a price at least 500 bucks cheaper I would be one of the first to line up for it. :)
  13. cyclo

The kit we bought, our current setups

Front speakers are 30 plus year old Infinity Modulus monitors... They still sound great and image really well. My rear surround speakers are also 30 plus year old bookshelves (Canton).
  14. cyclo

The kit we bought, our current setups

TV is 65"... just right for the room size and my viewing distance which is ~7.5 feet.
  15. cyclo

KEF R8 Meta Dolby Atmos Speaker Review

Front speakers are 20 plus year old Infinity Modulus monitors. The center speaker is a Paradigm Premier 500C.
Top Bottom