Recent content by CtheArgie

1. C

Break from Tekton Thread

@Induna, you should try and follow the work of Alejandro Balaguer and his Fundacion Albatros. Alejandro is a friend of mine when we were kids....
  2. C

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Hey, everyone, wait a minute! Not only he needs an "audiophile" lawyer that will understand him, he also needs to "shop" for an appropriate judge. Remember that these days, judges can reject FDA reviews of drug data and determine themselves what is scientifically and medically correct. It can't...
  3. C

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

We moved to Brussels in October. We’ve been lucky to find an extraordinary cheese shop near us in Uccle, near Vanderkindere stop. Too many cheeses to name any. Apparently it is a well recognized cheese shop. A block away is an amazing bakery, Brood, run by this young charming Flemish young...
  4. C

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

Again, it looks like R2D2 on Ozempic. Not my style.
  5. C

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

I don’t know why it is so complicated. Erin reported his SUBJECTIVE opinion of the speakers. The data show issues regarding FR. Distortion may be low, directivity may be wide and smooth. But we are talking about a just launched “SOTA” speaker with very wobbly FR that costs $10k or $7.5k if you...
  6. C

PS Audio FR10 sneak peak

It is fascinating that such a wobbly FR could be dismissed by Erin because he was enthralled with the wide smooth dispersion. Watching the video is interesting how he rationalizes the wobbly FR. He becomes almost a subjectivist in the review. I find a $10k speaker launched in 2023/4 with this...
  7. C

PS Audio FR10 sneak peak

"Chatting a bit....on and on... in a couple of months..." We've heard this story before.
  8. C

A Call For Humor!

Wincofon! Wow! Wow again! winco used to be a popular brand in Argentina when I was a kid. I remember my first Winco turntable, before CDs existed. Only 8tracks and cassette becoming available… sigh…..
  9. C

Neil Young PONO player Review

A few months ago, I had the fortune of visiting Rick Rubin's Shangri La studio in Malibu (off Zuma beach) just after Neil Young had finished recording his album there. I mentioned this here before. They were removing some giant old tape decks. I was explained that Young wanted the signal to go...
  10. C

Extreme Snake Oil

Does it have a battery compartment?
  11. C

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

I don’t know if this goes here, but I am speechless. Even with other stuff said there before, this tops it off.
  12. C

Thomann embargo for some brands in the US?

Try KMR, they ship to the US.
  13. C

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

Dammit! All the yuuuuuge amounts of $$$ I could have saved when I built my coffins, er, big speakers. Mundorf. Bloody hell! Fortunately, there’s ASR now…
  14. C

An objective take on cooking steaks.

Cooking steaks…. you are missing Argie views, with little humility I say. Butter on steak is a crime punished by death. Painful death!
Top Bottom