Recent content by csglinux

1. C

E1DA 9038D performance according to df-metric

The teeny pass-band ripple and very small low-frequency roll-off shouldn't be contributing much to any error metric. @pkane's posts seem to confirm the OP's results that the main error from the 9038D is in the phase at lower frequencies. That isn't going to show up on amplitude vs frequency FFTs...
  2. C

Any chance you have the following conveniently lying around in your 9038D measurements folder: a) the formula for your multi-tone test signal, and b) the raw numbers for the phase angles of each mode? It would probably require more work to extract phase variances - I guess you would need to go...
  3. C

I don't think that's it. I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe the issue is coming mainly from phase errors at low frequencies. I agree it's not super intuitive to just see green amorphous blobs without any labels. (Serge - perhaps a legend or axis scale would make things...
  4. C

1MORE Quad Driver Review (IEM)

Some thoughts here on distortion and other sources of headphone error: https://www.hypethesonics.com/minihype-technical-capability1/ Definitely no correlation between price and THD :-)
  5. C

“The Knowles Curve” For Headphones

A few thoughts on this. Firstly, it's worth bearing in mind that 'white paper' = non-peer-reviewed marketing material. It's curious how this was deemed worthy of reporting on Forbes, Bloomberg, etc. As the OP hints at, there's a new target curve born every minute. At first glance this one...
Top Bottom