Recent content by Creeky

1. C

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

LaserJock. I do have a loose rca connection on one channel, works just not super tight, from the M300 DAC to the amp. But the change in volume from the speakers after playing them for awhile and the disappearing tin can sound I observed. I have no idea why this happened. Update: I had...
  2. C

On page 15 you can find my original comment. I have now listened to the track that has the problem; and similar to Fredrick; I have no issues. I hear "Just a smooth breathy intake of air." For those not wanting to go to page 15. I too noticed a ringing tin like sound when I first bought the...
  3. C

I have debated whether to comment. I certainly did not read 15 pages of comments. smile. warning: subjective experience follows mixed with mild objective measurement. System: Uni-fi 2 speakers. SMSL M300 dac/preamp. Chinese Icepower 125. Amazon HD streaming from win10 PC; Set to HD only. I...
  4. C

ICEPower 125ASX2 Class D Amplifier Review

Like a couple of others, I also bought this unit from this link. On sale. Only black face plate left. Took it apart. Much nicer inside, cleaner, better smoother windings, than the examples shown online. After some "burn in" sounds terrific.
  5. C

¿what is your speaker, amplifier and dac configuration?

Pc Amazon HD = SMLS M300 = Icepower 125as amp = Elac Uni-fi 2. Sounds really lovely. Subwoofer(s?) at some point. Right now the speakers are "breaking in" on top of the kitchen cabinets. I have a Topping 10 with BS22s to go in the kitchen when I get the Elac's moved to the living room. many...
Top Bottom