Recent content by Craig7700

1. C

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

THAT uncooperative person would have been me. Oct. 21, 2020 I offered to return the L30 unit. But, Topping wanted me to figure out the EAR99 export paperwork to ship the unit back to China at my upfront expense. Shipping was more than $250 with DHL. Topping said they would reimburse...
  2. C

Maybe the 4th will be the charm? First L30 died of static and killed a set of headphones. Second L30 died of static, killed an SMSL amp. ----> Installed a full size ESD mat on desk to stop any more issues. Third L30 has a loose part rattling around inside. I never bothered to turn it on, I...
  3. C

A contributing factor for static damage is that equipment cases like the L30 have no earth ground. Static discharge to metal cased amps used to go to ground. As far as direct correlation - I touched the L30 case, I got a static zap, heard a pop on the audio output and the amp was dead. Seems...
  4. C

Oddly enough, I had a second L30 die from static. These amps do not appear to be protected from static. The line output has pops when switched to Line Out. That in turn killed a SMSL SA300 amp.
  5. C

38c is not hot, but that is the case temp with an air gap to the chip heatsink. I think the junction is running much warmer than most think.
  6. C

Can someone remind me why the L30 runs so hot? Which chip? The case on my L30 was running 38 deg C. So we have a chip with heat sink, air gap then L30 case. What is the junction temp of the chip?
  7. C

Dac X6 MK II

I tried and returned the X6 Mk2. Power output was plenty with 32 ohm headphones. DAC quality was below the E30 when compared sided by side. I think what I hear is harmonics in the upper freq. Bluetooth was a mess of noise. Usable, but poor. Noise floor is too high when used with 32 ohm in...
  8. C

Thanks for the quick reply John, I need to ship the unit back to Amazon in order to get my replacement unit. I am happy to assist the Failure Analysis department. If Topping would like the unit back, I need some suggestions on how to get me a new unit and a way to ship the damaged unit to...
  9. C

Questions for JohnYang1997 I bought a L30 amp from Amazon. I have used the amp 7 days with an E30 and an SA300 amp. L30 temp was running 38 deg C Turned unit off, went to store for 30 min. and came back. Turn unit on, plugged in headphones, BIG pop and bang into headphones. You can smell the...
Top Bottom