Recent content by counterpoint

1. C

Panasonic RP-HJE125

I am working on new targets and EQ for the HJE125. I should be posting very soon.
  2. C

Are there any "lossless" extension cables for IEMs and Headphones?

Not to go off-topic and derail the thread but there has been much discussion on the subject of crossfeed that I've been unaware of until now and just always assumed that any kind of crossfeed is an audiophile blasphemy to being true to the original source. Turns out there is bad crossfeed and...
  3. C

Upon further reflection, I've been thinking. How important is crosstalk anyway? When you listen through speakers, you don't have the same kind of crosstalk you experience with headphones and IEMs. You don't have a portion of the right channel coming out of the left channel and vice versa, but...
  4. C

Panasonic RP-HJE125

I took a measurement for you. I don't know if this is going to be final but its something to work with for now. But you should not go by coupler measurements alone. The IEC 60318-4 coupler is not specified for frequencies under 100Hz or above 10KHz. Also, the 7-9KHz resonance peak is going to...
  5. C

I found some discussion elsewhere on this topic so I'm not the only one to stumble upon this. Check it out below: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/headphone-extension-cable-question.1135242/#post-29010982 I went rummaging through my house and found some more extension cables to...
  6. C

Yes, I will do more testing tonight and try some older IEMs if I can find them. I don't have many pairs. I just stuck to the Panasonics with EQ.
  7. C

It's due to the earbuds themselves (Panasonic RP-HJE125) since its there when I plug them directly into the DAC. It's there on my other pair as well. Its the cheap cabling/construction, not that I was expecting much from ~$10. I don't hear any audible crosstalk on my Sennheiser 560S. Testing on...
  8. C

Ugh! While doing some testing I stumbled upon the fact that there is "considerable" crosstalk on the 10' Amazon Basics cable. The crosstalk is reduced when I bypass the cable and plug the IEMs directly into the ADI-2's IEM output but still present. The 1/4" to 1/8" adapter may also be at fault...
  9. C

Panasonic RP-HJE125

I don't have any data yet but I'm in the process of putting together a test rig right now so hopefully very soon.
  10. C

The IEM Harman Target 2019 sounds "off" to me. Is it just me?

I don't like the Harman target either. Too shouty, sounds unnatural, and fatiguing. I prefer my own target curve (green line). Volume level does make a difference hence the "loudness" button on receivers that compensates to provide more clarity at lower volumes. At the end of the day its all...
  11. C

Lol I'm just using the 12ft Amazon Basics cable: https://www.amzn.com/B01CNAV1K2
  12. C

Panasonic RP-HJE125

Hello. Short time lurker, first time poster here. I haven't seen any discussion of the Panasonic RP-HJE125 specifically. I'm sure they are obsolete by now but these earbuds were my first experience in IEM territory. Amir did a review of the RP-TCM125 a year ago here...
Top Bottom