Recent content by Confused

1. C

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Great, thanks! It's still not the page that I'm looking for but very useful.
  2. C

Thanks, but this isn't the page I'm looking for. I'm looking for a list in order of ranking.
  3. C

Somewhere on this website I found a table of tested speakers with points rating. There was also a recommendation for a pair of budget speakers that tested very good for its price. Can someone please help me find this page again?
  4. C

Denon AVR-1912 Front Left output stopped working

Yes! Disconnecting from main outlet did not fix the issue, but a reset of the microprocessor did (picture attached). Thank you so much!
  5. C

Thank you for your advice, yes it was a rather adventurous exercise.
  6. C

After disconnecting the Beolab 4000 everything was still working fine. I left the stripped cable (with disconnected RCA plug) attached to the amplifier because it's not easy to connect. Everything worked fine for days and then suddenly one speaker quit. Maybe the stripped part of the still...
  7. C

Thank you for your diagnose or thoughts of what might have happened. I stripped a large part of the cable, maybe 3-4 cm. And I connected it while another speaker was already connected to this FL output. I thought as long as I don't feel electricity myself it couldn't harm the amplifier. Is...
  8. C

The Front Left output of my Denon AVR-1912 suddenly stopped working. Only a soft rumbling noise can be heard. I suspect my experiment with a B&O Beolab 4000 has something to do with it. I stripped one end of an old RCA cable and connected it to the FL output of the Denon and the RCA to the...
  9. C

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

So I can choose only one output at a time. But can I stream over Airplay 2 to different kind of wireless speakers? For instance 2 x Beolab 17 in the living room, two Apple homepod mini's in another room, and one homepod mini in the kitchen.
  10. C

Is it possible to use wireless speakers over Airplay 2 and use the RCA outputs to a receiver simultaneously with the Wiim Pro Plus?
  11. C

Multitrack recording s/w for mac for long live recording

I think the easiest and seamless way is to use Fairlight, which is integrated in Davinci Resolve [edit: I havent' tested this myself so don't know about possible recording limit):
  12. C

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Thanks, very helpful indeed. So when streaming wireless to the Beolabs 17, the DAC of the streaming device (for instance WiiM Pro Plus) is not in play. Does that mean that the cheapest streaming device will give the same result? After all, digital is digital. I've bought a pair of Beolab 4000...
  13. C

That seems a reasonable presumption. But this owner of Beolab 17's experienced a very noticeable difference: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/master-thread-are-measurements-everything-or-nothing.29062/post-1068836
  14. C

I have my eye on a pair of used Beolab 17 speakers on stands. Are they worth the asking price of € 1.600 ? Somewhere on this forum I've read that they have their own built-in DAC, and that it's not a good DAC. Are the Beolabs always using their own DAC when receiving wireless?
  15. C

Do you think the DAC of the WiiM Pro Plus is better than the one in the Denon AVR-1912 ?
Top Bottom