Recent content by Colonel7

1. Colonel7

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

8 ohm and 78.5 dB sensitivity…need a serious amplifier for that
  2. Colonel7

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Dudes. He has a job and is an engineer. If he lived off his YouTube channel he’d be living off saltines and in a tent. The guy is an audio measurement nut and has been measuring stuff for more than a decade. Sheesh the innuendo is so petty. He got a lot of hits because of the speaker he...
  3. Colonel7

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

Two audiophiles walk into a bar…and immediately complain they didn’t get a senior citizen discount on the cover charge
  4. Colonel7

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

I was half kidding because I’ve been thinking about using those drivers but their sensitivity stinks. I do mostly active builds but Not for a car so I wouldn’t want one driver to take up 2 channels, and honestly not a monoblock either. A home 2 channel amp that can do 2 ohms on the cheap with...
  5. Colonel7

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

Something that can finally drive these wired in parallel...
  6. Colonel7

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

Don’t do it for all the reasons already given. By the time you retire technology will have moved on anyway. My advice for a working retirement is to work part-time retail for a mom and pop type business. Like drinking single malts and beer with your friends? Don’t buy the bar, get a couple...
  7. Colonel7

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

His choice of course. Being on the side of the consumer and not testing the stock amp is confusing since he’s done that with the Fosi amps and others. Data for that would be helpful if making a purchase
  8. Colonel7

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

They do. It’s in the back of the cabinet.:cool:
  9. Colonel7

How About Creating a Modern Cassette Player?

Nostalgia by proxy? I feel like there has to be a German word for that
  10. Colonel7

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Maryland,USA
  11. Colonel7

Parts Express Orian Speaker Review

Yes I know. Sorry wasn't clear. I meant if the testing conditions were the same for the CX150 as the CX120. The frequency response I posted was the CX150 that the Orian uses. Both the 150 and the 120 drivers have also had the complaints I mentioned plus inconsistency between units when...
  12. Colonel7

Parts Express Orian Speaker Review

If it’s the same as the CX120 and usual Dayton/PE format it is 2.83v/1m with 1/24 smoothing and splicing at 450 hz. I have a number of the smaller CX120s and they are too compromised in a number of ways to call them good (freq. response and power handling the biggest)
Top Bottom