Recent content by Coldsnap

1. C

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

I can't speak to the Aeon 2s, was referring to the original Aeons open and closed. I was listening to them out of an Asgard 3.
  2. C

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Aeons have a great natural sound. But boy do they have about zero dynamics. To me they just sound really dead and compressed. Good timbre but really realy dead.
  3. C

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

Ok, looks like possibly a Modius + Jotunheim 2 is in my near future then. As it seems like I'm having a ground issue with my Asgard 3, which is a bummer because I do like how it sounds.
  4. C

Schiit JOTUNHEIM 2 released

For sure, the Jots put out a ton of power. Seems like it would drive 300ohm headphones very nice out of balanced.
  5. C

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

'As a big fan of balanced XLR outputs (to reduce chances of nasty ground loops due to connection to PCs), I am happy to recommend the Schiit Modius. ' Just a question on this. If you do something like PC USB port -> Modius XLR Output -> Jotenheim 2 XLR Input. Will this mostly eliminate any...
  6. C

Schiit Asgard 3 Headphone Amp & DAC Review

Just wondering, with the -6db when using the dac, are people worried they are not going to have enough volume to run their headphones? I use an HD 600 (have had a 650 too) with my Asgard 3 w/ AK DAC and my volume pot on high gain is at about 2:00pm (or 65% or so up). This is even with a -3db...
Top Bottom