Recent content by Col. Panic

1. Col. Panic

Hi Res test tracks?

Surely this question has been asked before, but I’m not able to find a prior thread. Please point me in the right direction if it has. I need to conduct a listening test of a couple different Bluetooth radios/codecs, one of which fraturrs AptX Adaptive at 24/96. For Hi Res audio advocates...
  2. Col. Panic

Introducing the Phono Cartridge Measurement Library

After another evening's work, I wasn't able to make much improvement on the the Rainer response. I can minimize cross-talk adjusting azimuth, which lands me just about where I started. For the frequency response dip between 5 and 10 kHz, I can make up about 0.5 dB with my preamp's maximum...
  3. Col. Panic

I've attached the code here - just change the extension from ".txt." to ".py". (It looks like the this form doesn't let you upload .py files.) It's just a few tweaks and point solution for this specific task. If there's interest I can modify it to accept an arbitrary number of files and plot...
  4. Col. Panic

Thanks again for the advice. I'm having a hard time making really fine adjustments on my turntable - it takes a fair degree of finesse not to go too far and lose the starting point. To make sure I'm not chasing phantoms, I made did a quick repeatability study. This is five consecutive...
  5. Col. Panic

MOTU Monitor Section Remote Project

Thanks for the links and pointing out the switch from http POST to Websocket! I'll download Cue Mix 5 on another machine sometime this week (I'm a little worried about conflicts on this one) and check it out. But I agree that my code will need a good tear up to function with Cue Mix 5 compatible...
  6. Col. Panic

Wow! Thanks for the detailed feedback. I'll try your suggestion about the piece of paper. On a car alignment, I guess that'd be a slight toe-in and positive camber adjustment? Then I'll take another measurement incorporating your other various suggestions and PM you the files. Thanks so much for...
  7. Col. Panic

I don't have access to the latest generation, so can't say...somebodyelse may be right. But a super simple way to check is to just type in you browser: http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx/000xxxxxxxxxxxxx/datastore Where the first string of number is the IP address of your device and the second string is your...
  8. Col. Panic

Yes, you are correct. That was an azimuth adjustment, not VTA. Thanks for catching that!
  9. Col. Panic

Sumiko Oyster Rainier I'm brand new to vinyl measurements and turntable tuning, so any guidance is appreciated. I've got a brand new Project Carbon Evo with the Rainier going into a Schitt Mani 2. Converters are MOTU 828 ES, recording software is Pro Tools Studio, and the test disc is CBS Labs...
  10. Col. Panic

I have my MOTU 828ES in a rack out of arm's reach and I wanted comfortable control of basic monitor functions including: volume, speaker select, mono, and mute/unmute my noisy phono preamp. I didn't want an external monitor controller with all the extra interconnects and points of failure since...
Top Bottom