Recent content by CodeError

1. C

Topping E50 light "crackle" sound on Linux (Pop OS 22.04/Ubuntu 22.04) with Pipewire and Wireplumber

Thanks for your insights! it did help, and I think you are right about my less than ideal selection of parts to build something that it was never designed for in the first place. If there is something new that could (maybe) help others, ill report back :)
  2. C

Topping E50 light "crackle" sound on Linux (Pop OS 22.04/Ubuntu 22.04) with Pipewire and Wireplumber

Again thanks for the reply! Think i'll collect some data and try and contact the ALSA team. I wonder if getting another DAC to play with gets me any different result (your SMSL D6 seems like an option then) After extensive "googeling" on this subject matter it seems that there are alot of...
  3. C

Ah yes you are right! the USB dingles are indeed 1.0 "Full Speed" and the DAC is 2.0 however bandwidth should not be an issue right? I've tried the onboard usb 2.0 controller (motherboard) and that seemed to produce less crackle, then I installed a startech usb 2.0 controller (it uses a PCI to...
  4. C

Thanks for the suggestion! Inspired by your story I've done some digging and it seems that this system is allergic USB hubs (spontaneous disconnects/reconnects) so I've removed a Startech USB hub and the USB connections are all stable now. However this didn't matter for the USB DAC crackle...
  5. C

Thanks again for the replies! Think I can bundle everything in one reply. Mainboard and USB: As for the mainboard and the USB controllers, yes I've seen a lot of issues with PCIe 4 and AMD on their recent processors. Unfortunately this Mainboard/BIOS (most recent BIOS version installed) does...
  6. C

First of all, Thanks for the replies! and apologies for replying a bit late. I've copied pipewire and wireplumber to my local dir cp -a /usr/share/wireplumber ~/.config cp -a /usr/share/pipewire ~/.config And in order to mitigate some error messages that I noticed when checking the services...
  7. C

Hi, thanks for the reply! I haven't checked my delay, i'll check that out asap With everything set to default I get: quant 8192 F32LE 2 44100 for Spotify quant 1024 F32LE 2 48000 for Chromium quant 2048 S32LE 2 48000 for alsa_output topping e50 Where did you set the buffer btw?
  8. C

Hi, I was wondering if there are other people that have a similar problem with the Topping E50 under Linux (Pop OS/Ubuntu 22.04 and in all honesty it doesn't seem to be limited to the E50) whenever I Play some music or watch netflix in the browser there is a slight crackle that seems like it...
Top Bottom