Recent content by ChrisHeinonen

1. C

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Agree with what Kal said. They had a demo at CES, it was very impressive as you could walk around the room and use the app to redirect the sweet spot of the speakers to be exactly where you were, or move the soundstage all around you as you stayed in a single location. It would be great if you...
  2. C

If you're using HDMI eARC then the app doesn't matter for watching movies or TV, which makes it very easy to live with. Right now the living room system is an LG G3 OLED and Sonos Atmos system and everything is controlled with the AppleTV remote. For listening to music you can still hook up a...
  3. C

I'm just hoping that if Dutch & Dutch is making a larger follow-up to the 8C that it has eARC and AES67 inputs so that it's far easier to incorporate into a TV/Home Theater system than the current version is. That's the primary hang-up I have with it as putting it into the main living area and...
  4. C

Marantz Cinema 30

Two reasons that come to mind fast: Listening to music without the TV on, where an OSD won't do anything I'm unsure if Marantz, or anyone else, can properly overlay a volume control on 4K120Hz HDR content or if higher frame rates are specifically pass-through only. I'd be surprised if they can...
  5. C

Marantz Cinema 30

At this point it can't cost that much on your halo receiver product to have the whole porthole be an LCD, so when you're adjusting the volume or input and need to read it, that item takes up the whole display and gets much larger to make it easy, and if you aren't doing anything then it can look...
  6. C

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

Also make sure that both HDMI Control (which is called different things by every single TV manufacturer, such a horrible standard) is enabled in the TV, and that you are using a recent HDMI cable since very old ones might not have the pins for CEC on it, or don't bother connecting them. The...
  7. C

Buchardt A10 Active Speakers

Isn't it possible to have a discussion about speakers without implying that only a person that doesn't think would want a different speaker? I'd happily have a Genelec or Neumann on my desk at work or home for listening to music, but the Buchardt would 100% be my choice for a living room not...
  8. C

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

I went with 2x 5160 + a 3160 for the center. I don't think you need to worry about having the front three match exactly, since the crossover points are very similar and you're getting the same midrange and tweeter, just losing some low end output. I'd have gone with all 3160's but wanted...
  9. C

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

I ran these as surround and Atmos channels in my theater at my last house (with 5160 fronts and a 3160 center) and they were wonderful. I have zero experience with other in-walls but for building out Atmos in a small 11x13’ room for reviewing it was great.
  10. C

Neumann KH120 II

All of these things that are supposedly lacking in the 120 II, like the enclosure material or lack of a new driver, cost money. For Neumann to want to invest the money into this development, it would need to have a purpose. The current tweeter design, as seen from their other speakers, is...
  11. C

Neumann KH120 II

I just wanted to add that you can mute individuals and their posts won’t show up for you anymore and it’ll keep this thread cleaner.
  12. C

McIntosh MX100 A/V Processor Review (by ErinsAudioCorner)

Well during the time when D&M owned McIntosh, they did put out the worst performing Blu-ray player I think I ever tested, though the audio was great. https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/video-player/blu-ray/mcintosh-mvp881-universal-blu-ray-player/
  13. C

Neumann KH120 II

Since someone asked earlier, Neumann has the speaker up on their website but images/details are all missing. According to the text they do have up the f3 for it is now 44Hz instead of 52Hz.
  14. C

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

For one example, the Apple TV does all the bitstream decoding internally and sends 7.1 channel PCM out. So if that was connected to a TV and the TV could pass the 7.1 signal over eARC, then it would work well.
  15. C

High-Performance Desktop Actives - Neumann or Genelec?

My one thought was that if I moved the KH150 to a larger space at home later, they'd do a much better job than the KH80, but it's not wise to purchase something far more expensive for something that might happen at an unknown time in the future. I'll just get the KH 80 for the office.
Top Bottom