Recent content by Chris Kelly

1. C

Looking for Warm Headphones with a Certain Sound Signature

Thank you. I HATE when they hide things like that. This is not the first time. Now that I got my EQ software working a little better, I'm having second thoughts about this. But it's not like I have to decide overnight.
  2. C

I prefer not buying from third party sellers unless the third party seller is the manufacturer.
  3. C

The Philips aren't available from Amazon. So assuming they're discontinued, that rules them out regardless of low-mids and treble. The Beyer Dynamics have increased treble.
  4. C

When comparing the Philips SHP9600 to the Sennheiser HD 559 and HD 599, while I like the >4dB high-bass boost on all three, are the low-mids and treble more under control on the Philips SHP9600 than the Sennheiser HD 559 and HD 599?
  5. C

As far as EQ is concerned, not all my devices have built-in EQ via their headphone output.
  6. C

The Bang & Olufsen EQ utility included on my HP laptop has issues in which it doesn't properly behave when multiple sliders are adjusted at once. Remember the days when laptops used Beats with hardware by IDT? Those EQs boosted and cut exactly what you told them to and how you told them to do...
  7. C

I thought the scientificly/technically correct thing to do is to choose a pair of headphones with the most neutral sound curve and get over anything which sounds unnatural such as speech which sounds over-exposed and airy, like I've been with my Sennheiser HD 560S (late 2022 version). While I...
  8. C

Yamaha NS-6490 3-way Budget Speaker Review

After doing several A-to-B comparisons, I discovered that the placement issue I was experiencing may have been caused by different acoustical characteristics throughout my home theatre area. In order for my posts to have integrity, I post such findings upon discovering them.
  9. C

I thought I'd open my latest review update with a riddle, which I answered by explaining the horizontal midrange driver and tweeter.
  10. C

What's the secret behind these unusually compact three-way speakers? Speakers are supposed to be designed with their components installed vertically. These speakers are designed with their woofer on the bottom, and above their woofer, a midrange driver on the left and a tweeter on the right...
  11. C

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

During the sixty days I had to compare them with the HD 560S because of Amazon's holiday return policy, I thought the HD 600 was lacking in the sub-bass register, had a subtle boost in the upper-bass register, and had a touch of sibilance somewhere in the treble register. For me, balanced sound...
  12. C

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

If 10KHz being hot results in sibilance, then this would confirm what I was hearing. That and weak low-bass are why I returned them to Amazon. I do miss the fully open backs and the soft, foam, flat earpads. However, I went with the HD 560 S strictly because of their sound. Nothing to do...
  13. C

I was using these on the floor for five months. Almost two weeks ago, I removed my TV, put the left, center, and right channel speakers where the TV was. I currently have my 15.6" OLED laptop two shelves above the speakers and am using its HDMI output for audio. Being that I can't place the...
  14. C

Sennheiser Launches HD 400 Pro Headphones for Mixing and Mastering

I got the 560 S about two weeks ago. As long as I'm happy with them, I don't think I need to pursue the HD 400 PRO any further.
  15. C

Sennheiser Launches HD 400 Pro Headphones for Mixing and Mastering

Plus I don't like coild cables anyway because once the coils lose their shape when things get tangled, I have trouble restoring them to their original form. So if there is no difference in performance, I don't even think I'm going to waste time evaluating the HD 400 PRO.
Top Bottom