Recent content by chenxuwen

1. chenxuwen

Echo Mona Audio Interface RMAA Result

Thanks. Thanks for letting me know about the Ceramic capacitor voltage coefficient, I did not know it is that severe. I am gonna use 25V 100uF 1206 with X5R. Would that be a better option then? Beside, it is only 0.1uF in there now, even it goes down to 20uF at 5V, it still more than the 10uF...
  2. chenxuwen

I just got confused by https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/e-mu-0204-in-2023-rmaa-measurements-and-some-modifications.45428/ in which the noise level test is obviously worse than mine. But it has a better Peak Level, dB FS. Could you explain that? Is RMAA's algorithm...
  3. chenxuwen

Dear All, I have done the AK4393->AK4396 Mod. I measured the result with a 2i2 gen 4 and realized many things. 1. The ADCs in my Echo Mona are acually 2 pieces of AK5383 instead of AK5393, so its self mesurement showing 110db dynamic range is at its limit. Moreover, I have found the vref...
  4. chenxuwen

Again, thanks for helping me. Here is a photo of the board of the external box. After the LM2940-5V, there are reg1117-3.3 for the 3.3V supplies. The lm2940s are currently replaced by LT1963S. The input circuit is not a INA217/THAT1510, it is 4 INA134s on the right side of the photo under the...
  5. chenxuwen

Thanks for helping me. The stock and now have two dip 8 size vco (tcxo now), one 11.2896 and one 24.576 inside for the clock. The powersupply is from one switch powersupply, lc filter, then lm2940+2990 (analog and digital seperate), then another 3.3v regulator. All capacitors have been recapped.
  6. chenxuwen

Thanks for your input. I now see the problems now. Putting together the input of @wwenze and @AnalogSteph, the THD+N is limited by the following factors: 1. The input INA134 at the mic stage. Its sensitivity might be the biggest factor as I need compressed air cleaner on the input ports to reach...
  7. chenxuwen

Dear All, May I share the RMAA result of my Echo Mona? I prefer this one to my ASUS Xonar D2 which has 115db dynamic range. (Will post its RMAA result if interest is showed, if it is OK and if I am posting at the right place.) It is still working nicely today, but I cannot understand why its...
  8. chenxuwen

Review and Measurements of Asus STX II PCI Sound Card

Then it puzzles me why other's RMAA result is so different from the AP test here. Is there a reason you can think of? AP is the standard while RMAA usually gives a result worse than actual.
  9. chenxuwen

Review and Measurements of Asus STX II PCI Sound Card

Such a result is very unexpected. There are multiple RMAA results available for the card and they are usually 117db or something... Like this one: http://borisgermanov.blogspot.com/2014/04/asus-xonar-essence-stx-rmaa-tests.html Of course, those result are not AP2 results and ASUS insist that...
Top Bottom