Recent content by chauct

1. C

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

I'm currently using the Apple dongle/L30 combo. Would this offer comparable performance? This would save me some desk space however.
  2. C

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Can you share your APQ EQ settings? Thanks
  3. C

I recently shared my experience with a friend and she said 'If you want to be wowed, get a STAX!'. Mine is on high heat (the kind that has been getting a lot of "heat" in here); maybe that's why it only took 2 days. I like it more and more each passing day. Definitely a step up from the Apple...
  4. C

Listening to the combo of L30 and HD650 is like drinking a glass of Grand cru wine :oops: There's no wow factor after a first couple sips but then the wines complexity and personality start to sink in right around the half way mark. When I first got the piece I listened at the 2 o'clock position...
  5. C

For those of you running this with the HD650, do you think it's a good match?
  6. C

I just got a L30 and expected to be wow-ed when I plugged it into the back of an Apple dongle. But, rather big but here ;-) the wow factor is somewhat muted. Yes, the highs are higher and lows are lower but it isn't something like day and night. Is my expectation too much? I'm driving the HD650...
  7. C

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Motherboard Audio Review

Anyone is surprised that a lowly $9 Apple dongle beats this thing?
  8. C

Review and Measurements of Topping D90 4499DAC

Thanks Spocko for the impressions. May I ask what DAC you have before this acquisition and could you tell them apart? The D50s SINAD is some 20 dB better than the CCA analog out, yet I could not positively ID them. I don't mind paying a bit more for this but would also like to see some...
  9. C

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

I might need to return the D50s and get this one ;-)
  10. C

Cheapest transparent DAC with optical?

This might give you some data point to consider when you conduct your test between the SMSL and the built in DAC in the CCA... So I fed the optical out of the CCA into my newly acquired D50s and the difference to my 50+ yo ears (drum roll, please) is *not* exactly day and night. My downstream...
  11. C

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Question for those who have used the digital volume control on the D50s: any discernible sound degradation? I'm planning to feed this into an amp that does not a volume control.
  12. C

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

I too have a Logitech Transporter and would like to know if the RME is closer to the Transporter in terms of SQ.
  13. C

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

I have no need for analog inputs so this should work.
  14. C

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

This might be my next DAC. One question however: Can this function as a preamp? ie does the volume knob change the RCA out level? Thanks
Top Bottom