Recent content by Chart

1. C

Hypex Nilai stereo/mono kits cases

Hi ! Attached is my FPD file. If I needed to do another one today, I'll probably modify some little details but no big changes. Feel free to use it as it is, or modify it for your own needs. Check Smoey22's FPD too, it is same principle but improved. All dimensions and drill patterns for amp...
  2. C

Nice job ! Happy to see how you've improved the plate ! Chart
  3. C

I don't own an IR cam, therefore I can't know the components temp. But I've set a temperature sensor inside my case, just under the top cover, beetween PSU and Amp module. Temp probe has no contact with anything, the measured value is the air temp inside the case. After 3 hours of music...
  4. C

I think you're right about better cooling of Audiophonics stereo case. Hypex case has not a lot of vent holes, and I've drilled some on the bottom cover to have more air convection with the second PSU added heat. At the moment, my dual mono is baerly hot after a few hours of listening... Hope it...
  5. C

It's the original case from the "official" Nilai stereo kit from ClassDIY, with a second PSU I've added. Main (small) concern was to be sure that the second PSU would fit with enough clearance between the top cover and the top of the PSU. Internal case dimension are not in the datasheet of the...
  6. C

Hi ! I've finished the assembly of my dual mono hypex nilai. A few things to improve (mainly cable management), but it already works very nice. It will replace an 15 years old Cambridge which needs some repairs.
  7. C

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Hi guys ! To do a tweak on a Nilai stereo kit, I need some technical informations about the case. It would be nice if some owner of Nilai kit can help me. Datas are quitte easy and fast to gather. My questions are in this post ...
  8. C

Nice way to analyze the question, by comparison with other hypex modules with same idle losses. Many thanks !
  9. C

Already done, but about general principle to add a second PSU and the way to start the second amp from the first one. To summarize their answer in a few words : It should work without problem, but they do not support this configuration. But I haven't asked them precisely about thermal...
  10. C

Anybody, of course please do not hesitate to give advice about this idea...
  11. C

Yes, good advice ! All my hifi and cinema equipment is powered via a master pdu, and remains totally off the grid when not in use. And to avoid excessive heating during use, I've planned to drill 2 cm diameter vent holes wtih protection grid in the bottom cover : - 5 holes just below the two...
  12. C

Yes, it's some money. But stereo kit + second PSu + some screws cost is stil a few bucks below 2 x mono kits price. Furthermore, WAF constraint is : no mono blocks :)
  13. C

Hi dear members of ASR ! This is my first post here, to ask some informations to Hypex Nilai stereo/mono kits owners. Sorry for my poor english level, I'm french :-) I plan to buy a Hypex Nilai stereo kit and do some modifications on it (adding a second Nilai PSU to do a dual mono amp). But...
Top Bottom