Recent content by chahahc

1. C

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

According to Schiit's own published measurements, under a 32ohm load @ 175mVrms, the magni heresy produces more higher order distortion products than the magni 3+. Interesting seeing as higher order distortion is more audible than lower order distortion, and distortion increases in audibility...
  2. C

Yamaha RX-596 Receiver Review

Lol this fft looks like the Sony receiver Earl Geddes measured way back on the diyaudio forums. And similar to the pioneer vsx-d912 receiver.
  3. C

Speakers distortion

Interesting. But it’s not a rub and buzz sound. I tried poking and prodding the woofer cones and didn't hear anything so I don't think it's a mechanical misalignment. I should have mentioned that I can also hear it in the tweeters. It's a like a fizzy (sizzly?) sound quality up in the high...
  4. C

Speakers distortion

Do woofers usually have all those high order distortion products? Or might that be some low level nonlinear funkiness of the class D amps or something? I got a pair 306p speakers on that sale last month for $150 and, running them through a umc202hd, I'm also hearing a "fizzy" quality to the sound.
Top Bottom