Recent content by CDR&D

1. C

Any way to obtain an accurate and smooth distortion percentage chart for speakers?

Alternative way to mitigate effect of indoor reflections or outdoor noise for THD/IMD measurements for individual drivers is to measure nearfield - typically 315mm or true <20mm nearfield (notably for distortion <150Hz). Care needs to be taken however at more elevated levels to control...
  2. C

How to make quasi-anechoic speaker measurements/spinoramas with REW and VituixCAD

Many thanks @napilopez for an excellent thread. I plan to share some of my self built constant directivity loudspeaker in a separate threat later but have a question for the forum whether members have experience measuring and processing quasi-anechoic passive cardioids (or dipoles) in the...
  3. C

"Analysis" of cardioid speaker radiation via lateral slots - like D&D 8c

I have been developing and measuring various passive cardioids for the past 2 years and this thread has been really usefull - thanks! I intent to open a separate thread to share results & insights but for now allow my to join in: Whilst both (nice!) designs lead indeed to low distortion in the...
Top Bottom