Recent content by CBM

1. C

AVR with distortion on digital inputs from streamer

My "crackle" occurs during the song, but lowering the volume from the streamer seems to fix it. RayDunzl educated me on the lost bits from a digital volume control and it's insignificant in my case. Thanks for the suggestion.
  2. C

Wow. Quite a difference. I will cut back on the volume on the streamer and not worry about it. You have been very helpful. Thank you.
  3. C

Do you think that is what's happening to my streamers? If so, it must be the tracks themselves.
  4. C

It sounds like I have nothing to worry about. Thanks to you, I can enjoy the music.
  5. C

Thanks. If the signal is 16 bits then I shouldn't degrade the signal much if I drop it 6db? I will try your method. Thank you.
  6. C

They do have EQ, but I don't have it on. Yes the volume control on the streamers have no gain. But when it's at the highest value it "crackles". I would expect the AVR to handle the output of the streamers too. I can reduce the signal but I'm concerned that will degrade the sound. Thanks for...
  7. C

It's good to know I'm not alone. My AVR is kinda old though.
  8. C

I don't have anyone I can borrow an AVR from but I've used 2 different models of streamers and a coax and Toslink cable so I think it's gotta be the AVR. Also when I use a DAC to feed the signal to the AVR it's fine. Thank you for the suggestion.
  9. C

I tried that. I think that just changes how loud the AVR is playing at a certain volume setting. The Wiim streamer also has an output voltage selector but that doesn't help either. Thanks for your answer.
  10. C

I have a Denon AVR 3400H that I feed with a Node II via a coax cable to the digital input on the Denon. When I have the “fixed volume” on the Node, I get a “crackle” on some songs. If I Turn the “fixed volume” off it still “crackles” until I lower the volume on the Node slightly, then it is...
  11. C

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

I'll give it a try. Thanks
  12. C

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

It does work. You can limit measured or limit all. This means you can limit the Audyssey measurements at say 300 Hz and use a PEQ at 4,000Hz.
  13. C

I really need to do that. It's been in a cabinet for 5 years. Thanks for the suggestion.
  14. C

Tim. You are a genius. I connected a DAC and the crackling went away. Maybe something is wrong with the digital inputs on my receiver or the output from the Node is too high. I did it that way to keep from going DAC>ADC>DAC. The Denon has ADC>DAC for the Sub out and Audyssey. I'm glad I posted...
  15. C

Thank you, Tim. I'll try it out. I'm using the DAC in my Denon receiver.
Top Bottom