Recent content by Carousel

1. Carousel

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Hello, a few questions: Anyone use the Flex HTx with Roon? I do not see anything about Roon Ready. If it works with Roon at all, does that mean over a USB cable from a PC / Mac running Roon server? Anyone using the Flex HTx for active crossover? How is your experience running Dirac room...
  2. Carousel

ASR Acourate users

He told me to ask exaSound whether there is a way around that it seems their ASIO does not have a setting available to up the buffer. I have asked and am waiting for a reply. Was wondering if anyone else had figured it out already here. Or maybe I have to use a different convolver etc. Do not...
  3. Carousel

ASR Acourate users

That is very helpful information. Thank you. Was just playing with the equipment I have handy today… though I have started considering some Merging equipment… and have a question. Has anyone successfully used Acourate Convolver to send to an exaSound DAC via the exaSound ASIO? When I use...
  4. Carousel

ASR Acourate users

From the 4th Jan 2024 post by @Keith_W ... thank you very much for that!... I now understand the ASIO reasons why one cannot use a different DAC separate from the microphone interface when creating the active crossover filters. For a Roon user, could it still make sense to use a separate DAC...
  5. Carousel

Topping D10s strange and scary DSD static onset issue

Every single time this goes wrong for me... loud hissing when playing DSD with my Topping D10s... it turns out that the master volume control in the Topping USB Audio Device Control Panel somehow got moved down from zero and hence volume control was activated. Just wanted to tag this here on...
  6. Carousel

DIY 8ch x 100W power amp with microprocessor control

Thank you! Will go only XLR-to-XLR and RCA-to-RCA at least at first. Just waiting for the gear now!
  7. Carousel

@fluid @Sokel Yes, my neighbour offered to help me make my own cables. Could help make up for the deficit feeling in my soul for buying, not making an amp myself. Note though that I am going from XLR-or-RCA preamp output to RCA power amp input for five of the channels. So my question is about...
  8. Carousel

Thank you @fluid for that. It is very topical for me. I was looking at such Hypex charts with my "math degree yes, electrical engineering degree no" background. Although I plan to feed the 8-channel surround amp with XLR to XLR from an Arcam AV40, I need to figure out how to get signal to the...
  9. Carousel

OK. You scared me away. I ordered an 8-channel Ncore 250W amp from Nord Acoustics. It is beautiful, has triggers and has modules for switching between XLR and RCA input. Costs more and is not as much fun (conceptually) though! At least the neighbour has a DIY tube amp kit coming from Canada for...
  10. Carousel

Thanks @mcdn for the advice and info. That is why I have the retired German heavy-industry electrical engineer neighbour along for the mission. He builds his own amps and speakers and cables. But IC modules and programming are not his forte. Hence he was leery of helping me, having seen the...
  11. Carousel

Hello mcdn. I absolutely love this build. Something very similar would be perfect to power my six ATMOS speakers plus my two smaller surround speakers. I have never done a DIY hi-fi build myself. But my experienced neighbour will supervise! I will have eight XLR inputs. Is that what you have on...
Top Bottom