Recent content by carlo_b

1. C

WiiM Mini Streamer

The only update is that WiiM Mini has not done what it promised and is waiting to receive a response from Apple regarding streaming in lossless format up to 48/24 from Music App. I think that if the problem of sending music in lossless format via AirPlay 2 is due to the possibility that the...
  2. C

WiiM Mini Streamer

In this case, a possible solution to check if an audio content is bitperfect is to compare the original lossless content extracted from the CD with the one we want to test which in our case is the digital audio stream coming out of the optical output of WiiM. To do this, however, we need a...
  3. C

WiiM Mini Streamer

As for the latest update of AirPlay 2 bitperfect, reading this thread I still don't understand if it is really bitperfect or not at least for the 16/44 content as it happens for AirPlay 1. On the WiiM site it is confirmed that AirPlay 2 is now bitperfect but it is probably only referenced for...
  4. C

WiiM Mini Streamer

If it were true that the receiving device (Wiim) can communicate with the sending device and agree on the format to be sent, then WiiM Mini would be the first device in the world to receive AirPlay 2 in bitperfect. Anyway, I'd like to know if LinkPlay AKA WiiM collaborates with Apple or if it's...
  5. C

WiiM Mini Streamer

@AKR and @Brantome I knew it is the AirPlay 2 sending device that decides what kind of audio format to send to the receiving AirPlay 2 device. Example: REALTIME (lossless 16 / 44.1 as in the case of Qobuz App on iOS) BUFFERED (lossy 16 / 44.1 as in the case of Apple Music App on iOS) I...
  6. C

Apple Music Lossless + Apple TV 4K + Airplay + Airport Express (version 1)

This is the link with the tests I used for my summary which I posted earlier https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/apple-music-lossless-mess-part-2-airplay-r1026/ This is the test result On iOS Apple's Music App, lossless streaming content, AirPlay 1 to AirPort Express 1st Gen - bit...
  7. C

Hi Michael, I confirm that AppleTV 4K can send to both AirPlay 1 and 2 devices and can be conveniently controlled via the Music app.
  8. C

Answers: 1) I only use the DAC and amplifier of my Naim UnitiQute 1 which does not have AirPlay. I don't have a RME DAC. To listen to Apple Music I use the digital audio output of AirPort Express 1 and 2 or the digital output of the raspberry + shairport + hifiberry Digi + Pro connected to the...
  9. C

Maybe it would have been better if I had introduced myself. I am not a technician but just a lover of good music faithfully reproduced on my home system composed by Naim UnitiQute 1 + ProAC D18. This seems to me to be the most suitable site to address some "technical" doubts I have about the...
  10. C

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/apple-music-lossless-mess-part-2-airplay-r1026/
  11. C

Unfortunately I think you have guessed. I made comparisons between the original track in my possession (CD 16 / 44.1) and the same track in RAW format sent to shairport-sync + stdout from Apple TV4K. Through Audition, by reversing the polarity of one of the two tracks, I verified that the two...
  12. C

According to my information, via Airplay version 1 any audio format is converted to ALAC 16 / 44.1 by the sending device before being sent to the receiving device. Also based on my information, the Apple TV 4K has a fixed audio output at 16/48. Apple Music sends in ALAC format up to 24/48 if...
Top Bottom