Recent content by Calleberg

1. C

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Thanks @amirm. Especially for the Reactive Load tests and 19-20kHz IMD. Most of the newer TI3255 based Chipamps are getting pretty good by now. These additional test may reveal differences that the now Classic sinad spectrum does not. This one was not bothered much at all by the load, (While...
  2. C

miniDSP 2x4 HD Sweetspot-audio Mod Review

If a guy were tempted to get a miniDSP 2X4 HD just to do simple HP/LP filter duty only... that wide band THD+noise @90kHz BW mesurement, (Thanks again Amir for going the extra mile ☺) should be enough for said guy to reconsider maybe using an analog active filter instead. I'm sure there are...
  3. C

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

The reactive load testing is much appreciated, thanks for that!
  4. C

McIntosh MC 427 Amplifier Review

Enter Hifonics/Zed audio "Varipower" amps. The ones with more than 50WPC were class G. Similar vintage as the Mac measured here. Gen 7 and 8 where the GOAT.
  5. C

FMOD high pass filters?

Better late than never... :) The LP part is supposed to be (18dB/Octave), there are inductors inside, so the "no distortion added part"...IDK:cool: But my experience with them in a car audio application was very positive. Would still consider using them to this day, even for home audio.
  6. C

BASS!

This intro used to be PRETTY fun in my car audio days. :) If you´re rocking something smaller than a pair of ten inch subs, there is a god chance you will have nooo idea of what I´m talking about
  7. C

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

Yes, yes, that was my point too, but the smiley got deleted... :) Aah, there it is...
  8. C

Dont forget the connectors on the drivers inside the speakers. 99 times out of 100 its a faston on a STEEL tab... ahh the horror.... :cool:
  9. C

Would you buy this amp? (NAD 916 with visible oxidation)

Stay away, "good condition" my ass. That is a spare parts donor at best. Also it appears the seller believes the on switch is a headphone jack....:) :facepalm: A better alternative: https://www.tradera.com/item/340874/586905698/rotel-rb-956ax-slutsteg
  10. C

I have quoted some of your post for that very reason. Being Technically correct, reliable and also in my experience objectively presented without coloration from personal bias. And yes, the steel thing is a non issue, obviously at the other end of the speaker cables connected to that Buckeye...
  11. C

@pma is more and more becoming my favorite contributor over here at ASR. Thank you for sharing your knowledge here PMA! Now that we have established that steel connectors can be problematic in this kind of application. I just can't resist teasing those of you that has a bad case of audiophilia...
  12. C

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

I will bet my left testicle on that being a Mcintosh amp. :p
  13. C

Thoughts on these amp measurements

Hmm, I wonder WATT it could be.;)
  14. C

Aiyima A07 PRO

Well it is absurd, yes. But maybe not in the way you suggest. In the Audiphool industry cost and performance does not always have correlation. In this case the OP-amps are not the limiting factor. (The TPA-Chip/Output filter is) and swapping them out is more like painting a Toyota with 10...
  15. C

I don't care about stereo imaging - am I alone. (Poll)

I can ENJOY music from almost anything, but I very much prefer it with the "being there" illusion of stereophonic audio. There is no good option in your poll for me. I would say I´m smack in the middle of "important" and "Nice":) Now having said that, a proper home audio system in my living...
Top Bottom