Recent content by Cahudson42

1. Cahudson42

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

Given the low bass distortion alternates available, including the $129 HE400se, why tolerate this? A definite pass, IMO
  2. Cahudson42

Please recommend headphones that you wear for watching a movie at home

SHP9500. Extremely comfortable. Sound great on TV/movies. $75..
  3. Cahudson42

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

Finally, the long awaited HE400SE review. I have had mine since May, and always thought they were a fantastic buy at $149. I suspected that low distortion might be a factor in my liking them so much, and that does appear to be the case. You have to ask yourself - why pay more? How much more...
  4. Cahudson42

$500 budget for headphone and amp. What would you do?

You might try a WTB here. A number were sold for $299. Possibly, an ASR member will part with it..
  5. Cahudson42

$500 budget for headphone and amp. What would you do?

Unclear to me if you already have PEQ in your setup, but if not, get a $109 Qudelix 5K. Use it via OTG USB with smart phone or other source (I use a LG Rebel 4 TracFone - $25). If you have a power hungry HP - follow it with a $100 JDS Atom or similar. But it will drive a K371 just fine...
  6. Cahudson42

Streamer for amazon music with EQ

As long as your phone supports USB OTG (On The Go), consider the $109 Qudelix 5k. This gives you an excellent 10-band PEQ capability, far more flexible than the limited built-in included in the Amazon App. The Q5K outputs either unbalanced, or balanced. If you listen using HP, it most likely...
  7. Cahudson42

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

You can use the Qudelix Desktop with a 3-connector OTG cable that has one connector always 5v powered, another to your USB source (Phone, etc.) and the 3rd to Qudelix. The Q has good power management, and mine has been connected this way for perhaps a year - with no battery overcharge problems...
  8. Cahudson42

Most bang for the buck for $500-$1000?

Lots of alternatives..With prices all over the place...Let alone closed vs. open, dynamic vs. planar.. So, thinking of ' a journey of 1000 miles starts with the first step', why not buy something inexpensive but well-reviewed, listen to it for a bit, deciding what you like and don't like - then...
  9. Cahudson42

TV Series Suggestion Please

No one else like Foyle's War? Last looked it was free on Hoopla..
  10. Cahudson42

The Audiophiliac took his vitamins today!

The Amber Rubarth Chesky binaural vocal recordings might be worth a listen, if your tastes don't go for Chesky jazz
  11. Cahudson42

Need wired HP for watching TV

The Phillips SHP9500 at about $70 is all you need. it is extremely comfortable, good for TV without EQ, and, of course, better with. Use with Qudelic 5k to provide both bt and PEQ. Or as I do with mine, also just for tv at night, a $27 or so bt receiver with volume control. Neoteck 192kHz...
  12. Cahudson42

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Apologize if off mark, but I use the Qudelix with a common 3 wire OTG cable that is always 5v USB powered. With mine, one microUSB goes to my TracFone wifi 'streamer', one with adapter to Q USB-C, and the third to 5V. Power management in the Q is great. Battery remains fully charged, but not...
  13. Cahudson42

Quality DAC Recommendations?

My suggestion may seem absurd, but it is based on your wide array of headphones. How about considering a $105 Qudelix 5k, having an excellent PEQ capability, bt, and a sufficient built-in amp (moreso when used balanced)? You would use it as a front end most times to your THX889, only built-in...
  14. Cahudson42

Schiit IEMagni, Monoprice Liquid Spark. Any Differences in their DC Protection?

Though it isn't popular around here, I have used a Liquid Spark daily for over a year, first with an HE400i, and now with an HE5XX. It has plenty of power for both. And the 18 ohms of the HE5XX doesn't faze it a bit. The volume knob feels like Japanese of 30 years ago. Solid and firm. A...
Top Bottom