Recent content by Cahudson42

1. Cahudson42

Headphone Upgrade Path: Electrostatic vs Dynamic vs Planar

This will be interesting. I am at a complete loss on how you get a major improvement from where you are - both the HE400i (my own primary cans) and the RME ADI-2 (which I wish I owned). Perhaps if you have not yet optimised fr profiles for each HP using RME PEQ? (0$, bunch of time). Really...
  2. Cahudson42

Revel C205 and C25 Center Channel

Just in case you might not know, another MTM Harmon engineered Center, the Infinity RC252, is currently on sale direct from Harmon for $179 (vs. Revel $750/$1000): https://www.harmanaudio.com/loudspeakers/REFERENCE+RC252.html It is just under 7" in height as well. A Harmon spinorama is also...
  3. Cahudson42

Some Names for Speakers

Kama Sutra Exultris.. I might take a pair of those - a few years ago..
  4. Cahudson42

Some Names for Speakers

Never heard of it! 'Great minds think absolutely weird' or 'spooky action names at a distance'?
  5. Cahudson42

Some Names for Speakers

Thunder of Thor 12" Sub with 20% THD @ 120 SPl 3m 30Hz w/free mounting brackets and baffle for your Pick'em up truck..
  6. Cahudson42

Some Names for Speakers

Harmonizer Modal DSP 8.3 Reference Monitors Active Bookshelf 3-ways w/8" woofer DSP EQed to Harmon Curve' w/auto room mode correction via provided UMIK.. Only $6,000/pr. With FREE stands - a $700 value! (Rebadged NS-6490 & stands w/Parts Express electronics and plate amps glued inside/screwed...
  7. Cahudson42

MQA: A Review of controversies, concerns, and cautions

Possibly a simplistic view, but when we are still dealing with 1%>5%>10% transducer distortion, to be fixated on MQA and it's 0.000000005 % whatever possible ' improvements seems a complete waste of time, money, engineering, and whatever other resources. A solution in search of a problem if...
  8. Cahudson42

ErinsAudioCorner

Great! Thanks! Hopefully, Erin will not again tie this to Facebook. Not another dime to Schmuckerberg for me. The world would be a far better place without Facebook IMO. Just my view.. From an old f--t..
  9. Cahudson42

Recommendation for budget DAC + Headphone Amp + Preamp under $500

Why the need for an all-in-one? Lots more choices if you might consider paired discretes.. Might gain performance and/or save a bit.. For example, for $110 there is the 'all-in-one' Qudelix 5k. Has a 10- band PEQ for optimising your speaker and/or HP response, and room corrections. Nice...
  10. Cahudson42

MQA: A Review of controversies, concerns, and cautions

But watch for DRM to be wormed in..
  11. Cahudson42

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Or an LG Rebel tracFone. Qualcomm Snapdragon. Android 8. 2.4g wifi. Touch screen.. BT. replaceable battery. microSD, USB OTG capability..$29
  12. Cahudson42

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Personally, I have trouble seeing the value for $440.. Maybe two years ago..ok. But today I think a good case can be made 'DAC solved' for $200 and under.. Now if it had included an L30 equivalent HP amp, and a 10-band PEQ...maybe.. Even so, Qudelix 5k ($110) + L30 ($140) = $250 = lesser SINAD...
  13. Cahudson42

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Deal! Please check PayPal receipt for confirmation. Thanks, Amir!
  14. Cahudson42

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Qudelix 5k. Please! Pretty Please:)
  15. Cahudson42

What items have you NOT purchased as a result of ASR?

Just about to purchase a miniDSP IL-DSP when ASR post(s) advised PEQ implementation was defective. Couple weeks later PEQ became available on Qudelix. Purchased. Happy camper :)
Top Bottom