Recent content by bwg

1. B

Motu M4 - Tear down, bit of internals analysis and few in-house measurements

With the device powered on, the voltage between pin 2 and gnd is zero as expected. The problem is that there is a low resistance connection which should not be there according to this schematic. That's what I find so weird.
  2. B

With the device unpowered and not connected to anything, I measured resistance between Pin 2 of the MIDI In port and GND (I used the outside part of one of the RCA connectors) which is zero. According to this it should be infinite I think. If I understand this correctly, Pin 2 may be connected...
  3. B

Great teardown, thanks @trl! I bought an M4 recently and ran into a ground loop issue when using the MIDI In port. I can measure a dc path from pin 2 of the MIDI In port to gnd, which shouldn't be present according to the MIDI standard. To make my setup work without annoying noises, I had to...
Top Bottom