Recent content by bvhme

1. bvhme

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

Yeah, the lack of balanced outs on the M33 is a real mystery. However if the units are close together an RCA connection shouldn't be an issue. I see photos of them next to each other, however a stack might make more sense in my mind, I wonder if that is some kind of no-no. I'm guessing that...
  2. bvhme

My M33 wouldn't go to sleep. Turned out that if my turntable is connected the device cannot go into standby, even if it is not selected. :(
  3. bvhme

My unit doesn't seem to go into Standby by itself like the M10, I tried toggling on and off the 'auto standby' setting but it's not doing anything. Am I misunderstanding the unit?
  4. bvhme

What is the right cross-over frequency using subwoofers (Monolith 15in) with Kef R11s on my NAD M33

Thanks again for the great help! I used REW to measure the frequency whilst sliding the subs around the room. I learned that putting the sub in the listening position and measuring around the room didn't really work, so sliding the sub around it was. Exploring REW I found the SPL and THD...
  5. bvhme

Does anyone here know what kind of filter the crossover is, and how aggressive it is. I'm trying to figure out how to cross from my new Kef 11Rs and subs but can't find good specs on the crossover filter.
  6. bvhme

What is the right cross-over frequency using subwoofers (Monolith 15in) with Kef R11s on my NAD M33

I can't for the life of me find the crossover filter, however I see some mentions of 6...12 etc, so that might be the, seemingly agressive, filer.
  7. bvhme

Hey speaker folks! I'm relatively unexperienced in setting up systems, however I've decided to upgrade mine last week. I've upgraded to a NAD M33, Kef R11 and have also bought 2 Monolith 15in subwoofers (last still in transit). With the black friday and some bargain hunting I've composed this...
  8. bvhme

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Following this thread I've decided to get some R11s, and after further reading on the forum thought there might need to be some subs as well, so I've ordered two Monolith 15" as well in the Black Friday sale (as my space is pretty huge >300m3). Now the R11s have arrived and not the subs, and the...
  9. bvhme

I've just noticed there is no 'alarm' functionality on the M33 whilst there was on the M10, or is there a way to make this visible. I can't imagine the device would not be able to wake itself at a specific time.
  10. bvhme

After reading all the recent messages here I've decided to pull the trigger and I've swapped my M10 with a M33 and I have to say that the different in sound is not small, I'm pretty happy with the upgrade :) And this thing is so beautiful, it's mad. The only irritating thing I find is that the...
  11. bvhme

SPL Phonitor X Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I can't turn my Phonitor X volume up over halfway with any of my headphones. My most demanding cans (granted they are all efficient) produce about 95db when at 12'o'clock (halfway). It makes me wish there was a dip-switch to attenuate the potentiometer, or some kind of negative gain. Also...
Top Bottom