Recent content by bugal

1. bugal

"Bamboo Project" : Dual Mono 3E Audio 480-1-29A Amplifier

Hello, after enyoing a tiny stereo 3eaudio version - that's my "roomy" 2x mono + MicroAudio PSU - I like the sound a lot. PS. Dani, I will twist the rest of cables, I promise :)
  2. bugal

"Micro Bamboo Project" : 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stereo amplifier + Micro-Audio PSU

You can use a cone drill to drill a 22 mm hole. And then after fitting the socket, mark and drill 2 small holes for the bolts.
  3. bugal

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

It would be a real challenge to put Yahama on top of Dynaudio, so the arrangement is just to comfort the cat.
  4. bugal

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

Yamaha NS-1000M - clear winner here ;)
  5. bugal

@daniboun > the question is how can you accept the twisted wires theory without the SINAD proof? @amirm > what do you think about such testing project? the same amplifier tested a) with hook-up wires twisted and b) not twisted (running tight together in pairs)? This way we can find out if...
  6. bugal

I think it would be great to prove it in practise by figures. Kind of test, as completed by Amir - the same amp tested with twisted and then not twisted pair of wires (eg. between the PSU and amp module). Then comparison of SINADs.
  7. bugal

Twisting pair of cables is not necessary if you put/run them close together lengthwise - that's what I acctualy read in some DIY guidelines. The point is to avoid loops of wires and spreading them apart. Is there any real sonic value (interferences) of twisitng the cables on a distance of 10-30 cm?
  8. bugal

much better bass control, especially the lowest frequencies, better presence of sound, sound is more tangible and still crystal-clear. I love this amp! With MP-H250S48 power supply the sound was also good, but kind of shy and not so pronounced.
  9. bugal

The PSU in a separate enclosure sounds like a good idea soundwise. My enclosure is too small for this project at the moment. I am planning to use some bigger one and put the boards apart as far as possible. The sound quality of 3e audio amp and micro audio psu is at high level and I think that...
  10. bugal

I have just installed the Micro Audio PSU. Even after 10 minutes after turning on the upgraded Amp the differences between MP-H250S48 Power Supply and Micro Audio SMPS630-SO are obvious and clear. Micro Audio PSU is just a masterpiece with increadible impact on sound quality. I have got an...
  11. bugal

"ASH-400 Project" Sylph Audio FB-100 Stereo Module with advanced PFFB

yes, I am also looking forward to seeing these reviews and results.
  12. bugal

that's right - FB100 accepts max 38V. FB360 - 52V, so Micro Audio with 46-48 V would be perfect here. I am curious about the comparision between 3E Audio 480-1-29A mono amp and Sylph Audio FB 360 mono. Especially in terms of sound impression. Anybody has completed such a project? I would be...
  13. bugal

Have you got a chance to compare the 3e Audio mono or stereo module powered by Micro Audio 46V with FB100 or FB360 also powered by MicroAudio 46V? Mainly in terms of your subjective sound quality impression (sound smoothness, bass control, soundstage, instrument separation etc.)
  14. bugal

I would take this one + shielding in case of longer runs: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/xh-wires-254mm/xh-254mm-female-female-cable-1-pole-no-casing-gold-plated-ptfe-black-30cm-x10-p-13180.html
Top Bottom