Recent content by buddyrich33

1. B

Drummers you can't mistake

I think I know the clip... Neil is basically cosplaying as Buddy as well ( right down to haircut, dress, drumkit graphic, etc...). Its not bad, but you are right it doesn't quite swing as hard as Buddy. Still I won't hold it against Neil, it was that same Burning for Buddy CD that got me into...
  2. B

Drummers you can't mistake

Its in my alias but I have to stan for Buddy Rich... I came by him in the 90s via another drummer also already mentioned, Neil Peart and his Burning for Buddy tribute CDs That said one of my favourite drum tracks has always been the drum solo track from the Afrika 70 with Ginger Baker Live...
  3. B

RCA to Toslink convertor?

Not really... Its for an old tapedeck. Nothing fancy. I guess that could work, as could an RCA switch (which I didn't think of).
  4. B

RCA to Toslink convertor?

Any decent RCA to optical toslink converters? I am using a Benchmark DAC1 Pre as my Pre/DAC and already use the RCA inputs for a turntable but would like to also hook up a tape deck as well and only have optical in...
  5. B

Best speaker for use at lower volumes?

That makes sense and might be what is happening. Thanks for the explanation. There is even a setting that might help. I always thought it was a bad thing, but there is a loudness toggle on the Sonos that actually does just that, boosts bass and treble. More of dynamic EQ as it only applies...
  6. B

Best speaker for use at lower volumes?

Kind of a silly question, as I am not at all familiar with the science, but generally louder=good, but does the volume level one listens at matters in terms of speaker performance? I am looking to replace my current speakers (B&W 683 1st gens circa 2010) with something new. Whatever I get...
  7. B

Review and Measurements of SONOS Amp

I think he had it at 2 initially and set it to 3 - here's the voltage leves they correspond to: https://en.community.sonos.com/components-228996/using-a-turntable-with-sonos-6769426 2.2V - Level 1 2.0V - Level 2 1.8V - Level 3 1.6V - Level 4 1.4V - Level 5 1.2V - Level 6 1.1V - Level 7 1.0V -...
  8. B

The ART doesn't do ADC... I would get either a different phono pre-amp that outputs via Optical (so does its own ADC) or put an ADC box between the ART and the Sonos, so the signal going into the Sonos doesn't use the Sonos Line-In as it was measured to be much inferior via Amir's measurements...
  9. B

I replaced an PiCorePlayer/squeezebox endpoint to an Audiolabs MDAC via USB out to a Byrston 3BST with this single box and I have to say while it sonically wasn't an upgrade, it also wasn't a downgrade and it really cleaned up alot of wires and the streaming support was much better since I use...
Top Bottom