Recent content by BubbaJay

1. BubbaJay

HEDD HEDDPhone Review (headphone)

Yeah, I'd say I listen around the same level as you in the upper 70s to mid-80s at most so I guess that's why I don't hear any. I'd don't know anyone that would listen at 94dB or higher anyways (unless you're already going deaf) so what distortion there is really isn't a problem.
  2. BubbaJay

Well after a few days of listening I can confirm they are an amazing sounding headphone and I don't know what's up with the distortion numbers because I don't hear any. Balanced out of my Jot2 and iFi Neo has been a great combo and after a day or 2 the weight hasn't been an issue though you do...
  3. BubbaJay

Well I've had my pair for only a few hours and I think they sound great and are as good as my Arya and other headphones. I do see why some people sell them because of the weight as they are heavy but it's not too bad for me. So far I feel like they're a cross between a planar and electrostat...
  4. BubbaJay

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I just got the Jot2 today and with my iFi Neo Dac all the headphones I've tried so far sound good with the Arya and AP2000ti sounding the best and the LSA HP-2 close behind. As long as I don't hear any distortion I could careless how it measures if it sounds good and the Jot2 sounds good. I...
  5. BubbaJay

xDuoo TA-20 Tube Balanced Headphone Amplifier Review

I believe the TA-20 has the same amount of power out of both single-ended and balanced, I think it's 2 watts @32ohms for both. More amps should do that but you'd still get the sonic benefits from going balanced it's just you'd have the same power single-ended.
  6. BubbaJay

I've only been using the nos GE tubes on my TA-20 for like 30mins and I can say without a doubt they're the best sounding ones I have. The TA-20 has such an airy open sound now with really good clarity as well, and the bass sounds very impactful but not so much so that it overwhelms the rest of...
  7. BubbaJay

I bought a pair of nos military stock GE 12AU7 tubes from Upscale Audio that will be here today and they are said to be some of the best pre-amp tubes you can get for under $100. There are 3 types of different quality they have and I got the mid-set that was $100 for 2 and I'm hoping they're as...
  8. BubbaJay

I got the same email but the TA-20 is their best hybrid amp as far as I know and I'm very happy with it, paired with my iFi Neo and using my Z1R, AP2000ti, and Arya all sound great. I've finally found my desktop setup, along with the A50s for the solid-state amp.
  9. BubbaJay

I've had the TA-20 for over a month now and I really enjoy it a lot. I bought a few tubes to see what kind of changes I could get and both sets sound a little different which is what I wanted and they both sound really nice. When it's the right kind of distortion it can really make your...
  10. BubbaJay

I just got this amp and paired with my iFi Neo and my Z1R, Arya, and AP2000ti headphones sound great. The soundstage is very large and the overall clarity is very good.
  11. BubbaJay

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Amirm really needs to review the new iFi Neo because it's really good. I'm sure it doesn't measure as clean as some of the Topping and SMSL stuff but it sounds really good. Measurements are nice and help you get a picture of what something can do but no matter how it measures you don't know if...
  12. BubbaJay

IFI hip dac battery issue

It takes a few weeks for the battery to drain down all the way. I love the way my Hip Dac sounds but I hate the battery which only lasts about 5 hours or so when using it after fully charged. At least you can use it while it charges so if it's your main amp dac for say your pc just leave it...
  13. BubbaJay

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

I'm really looking forward to hearing how my SP200 compares to the A50s that will be here by Friday. They both have the same amount of power when using the A50s balanced and we all know the SP200 isn't a true balanced headphone amp. If I hear a noticablely better sound with the A50s I'll...
  14. BubbaJay

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Apos and got the A50s. Seeing how it uses a lot of the same architecture as the A90 and is balanced I feel like the headphones I use the most (Arya, AP2000ti, and HP-3) will sound pretty good with it and its paired with its partner the D50s. I'll be sure...
  15. BubbaJay

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

I was about to get the A90 but after seeing the numbers on this I think I might save some coin and get the A50s. It measures better than my SMSL SP200 and has the same 3.5 watts at 32ohm. I already have the D50s so why not complete the stack.
Top Bottom