Recent content by brydon10

1. B

Review and Measurements of SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC

That would be fine. The SMSL won't draw more than 1amp from it so no worries. Most important is 5V and at least 1 Amp, so you are good to go.
  2. B

Yeap. I'm using the Sanskrit 10th with a cheap 5v 1a usb power adapter I bought for $4. Works great. Feeding it digital coaxial. The Sanskrit has better specs than the M100 so I would go for it. And that's even according to SMSL. SMSL says the M100 has an SNR of 106db, while the Sanskrit 10th...
  3. B

Audio-GD NFB-11.28 "Performance Edition"

I'm more of a fan of separates personally. I wasn't aware Audio-GD has shown other measurements. I guess we'll see!
  4. B

Audio-GD NFB-11.28 "Performance Edition"

This should be interesting, it looks like Audio-GD is getting more serious. They've posted a bunch of measurements on their new product page for the NFB-11.28 Performance Edition. I wonder what Amir will get out of it if he can get his hands on one eventually... USD 339 for standard edition...
  5. B

Using Yamaha Ag03 as a DAC

The sound quality would likely be just fine. Using variable line outs is not ideal running into the amp. Fixed is better. Just buy a DAC and then you don't need to worry about it.
  6. B

Using Yamaha Ag03 as a DAC

Yea, looks like you could just fine. I'm pretty sure these are standard line outs. But personally I would opt for a seperate DAC (like the D10 as you said).
  7. B

I wonder how it would have measured with the supplied SMSL usb cable if powered with the 5v 1a adapter? Probably fine again. I just wonder if I should order a cable that is of higher quality. I'm wondering this too. I sent them an email but haven't got a response yet. Edit: I received a...
  8. B

DAC Frequency Response

I'm thinking about this AK4490 chip with "Velvet Sound". Sure, it looks like it would sound nice. But could it really sound different than any other accurate DAC? I think not.
  9. B

DAC Frequency Response

Thanks Amir, that makes perfect sense.
  10. B

DAC Frequency Response

So if the DAC had bad distortion measurements etc, I guess it would just not sound as clean? But FR is still accurate. Basically a DAC will not sound warm or cold, or any other audiophile terms.
  11. B

DAC Frequency Response

If a DAC has a flat frequency response - woulnd't it be completely transparent? I don't see how DACs could sound any different from each other at all, other than output level, if the frequency response is perfectly flat. What do you guys think?
  12. B

How important is DAC linearity?

Ah, I see. So this might also explain the Sanskrit linearity, it uses an AKM chip too. Here's the image:
  13. B

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. Maybe I won't put so much weight on this measurement. I highly doubt it would ever be audible from what you guys are telling me. I might take another look at the D30, or some other similarly priced products.
  14. B

Thanks Veri. I have a Topping D10 DAC and I'm very satisfied with it. I'm just also looking for another DAC to run to my stereo amp, feeding it with the Optical output from the D10, so since I was looking I came up with this question. I might just go with the Sanskrit 10th because I can get one...
  15. B

Thank you for the great reply garbulky. So you are saying the resolution really depends on the graph and db scale used. Here is the Topping D10
Top Bottom