Recent content by brokemember

1. B

[owner's thread] Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 headphone amp

So this exactly what I did: SU-9 SE out → [XLR] → Monolith XLR in → Monolith PASS out → Speaker RCA in / volume controlled in software or in the SU9 (will impact the headphone path too) or at the speaker if possible/desired. However no sound would come of the Active speakers. Next I did this...
  2. B

What exactly are the Pass RCA ports for? If you read my post right above, you will see that it is not doing anything. Maybe I'm not understanding how the PASS is supposed to be used. Could you expand on it a bit.
  3. B

So it turns out using the 'Pass' RCA to connect to the active speakers does not do anything. So what exactly is that "Pass" RCA connection for...if not passthrough.
  4. B

1) In the current setup I'm controlling the volume thorough the THX 887 2) No the outputs are not selectable as far as I can tell. I figured I would simply have the volume on the active speakers turned off whenever I didn't want to use the speakers. And when I wanted to use them and not the...
  5. B

Was trying to figure out what "Timed off" and "bypass" were referring to... I'm guessing it has to do with auto-shutoff...would be nice to now what the time limit on that is... plus always just liked reading manuals.
  6. B

I have this amp paired with a SMSL SU 9 dac. I want to connect active computer speakers for those rare occasions. Would it be better do use the RCA outputs on the DAC or to use passthrough on the amp? Also, has anyone had any success in locating a manual for the amp. Don't think I have ever run...
Top Bottom