Recent content by Brab

1. B

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

The unit will output video plus audio via the HDMI out.
  2. B

Best way from computer into receiver

I am now going directly from my PC into the receiver via HDMI, thus relying on the receiver's built in DAC. Thanks all.
  3. B

Yes. Thanks for the clarification. I've corrected the post.
  4. B

I want to stream a concert video from my computer to my Yamaha RX-V385 receiver. I can simply do audio and video via HDMI to the receiver, or I can take the audio from my computer to an external DAC (better than the Yamaha internal DAC) via USB, and then to the receiver either via analog or...
  5. B

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

Mine's been working fine for about four years, after an initial repair. Just put it in my main system and am surprised at how good it sounds.
  6. B

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I have a Yamaha RXv385. Is the amplifier section similar to this one?
  7. B

Reliable DAC

Thank you for all the replies to my query. I bought the SMSL SU-1 suggested early on. It's doing the job, and seems to me more robustly constructed than the SMSL DAC I had earlier that failed.
  8. B

Reliable DAC

No one seems to be addressing the reliability part of my query. had an SMSL in use a few months ago. It lasted a week.
  9. B

Reliable DAC

I'm looking for a simple DAC for no more than $150 to use with the optical output of a TV. Could someone advise me which of the basic DACs reviewed here, Topping, SMSL, etc. has proven to be the most reliable? Thank you.
  10. B

DALI Oberon Vokal Center Speaker Review

I believe centre speakers are primarily for dialogue. Would the treble brightness you refer to aid speech intelligibility and be deliberate?
  11. B

Worth Replacing Amp?

Yes. That's my fall back if I can't get the other one working.
  12. B

Worth Replacing Amp?

If for no other reason, they make for great inert speaker stands for my large bookshelf mains! Thanks again.
  13. B

Worth Replacing Amp?

By the way, thanks for thinking about my issue.
  14. B

Worth Replacing Amp?

I have two subwoofers, one per stereo channel. The other one is fine driven from its speaker level inputs.
Top Bottom