Recent content by Boye

1. B

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

I agree. I was a little surprised but not too concerned about it being a little warm. At the moment I have no way to measure the idle consumption, but based on how hot an op-amp is using 1 W, I would imagine the D50 runs idle using a couple of Watts or less.
  2. B

Well, I just learned that wasapi doesn't work with Squeezelite-X. I was able to use ASIO instead, and the displayed sampling freq now corresponds to that of the music file, excellent. The bit depth still remains at 32 bit, though. I will ask in the Squeezelite-X forum about the clicks that can...
  3. B

Thank you, I will look into that. So far, the only available Wasapi setting sends the sound to the Remote Desktop PC from which I am currently controlling the NUC based player. This results in no output to the dac. Remote Desktop seems to mess up the sound output from Squeezelite-X: Other...
  4. B

Thanks for your time and effort. Swapping from Squeezeplay to Squeezelite-X made the audio settings easier, so I tried Wasapi, Asio and Direct sound with the same result. Then I looked in to the Topping driver sound setting, which apparently only has these two settings for bit depth. I cannot...
  5. B

Based partly on this review, I went and bought this lovely piece of dac. I installed the drivers from the website as instructed and it plays just like it should. I play my music files using Squeezeplay on a NUC with Win 10. The only thing is, that this system apparently upscales my music files...
Top Bottom