Recent content by boomerang

1. boomerang

Michi M8 vs Mcintosh MC312

Nice comments... Felt like a warm welcome too! (Muslhead) About that expectation bias; Why should I bother buying two of those M8’s, when I am biased towards the McIntosh I already have? What would be my goal? Just throwing money? What a joke. And if I understand your comments correctly, it...
  2. boomerang

801D4 measurements

And the electric midrange output of the passive crossover. Component values will be deliberately chosen to obtain higher output at low mids or compensate for accoustic properties of the FST unit of course.
  3. boomerang

801D4 measurements

Hi Livarot, Thanks for your response! When matching the outputlevels of the amps, i reduced the bass amp a tiny bit below the mid/high amp because of that 0.4 ohm. My worries where more about bass reflex tuning. In the more serious bass reflex online calculators, you can add a series...
  4. boomerang

Thats what we did, switching back and forth. Just can’t figure out, is it the bi amping itself, or is the Mac just a different sounding amp
  5. boomerang

801D4 measurements

The active copy of the passive 18dB/okt low pass The low pass frequency response measured, The passive and active acoustic measurement, green passive, yellow active. The 80hz bulge that is measured in most of the reviews, is tamed now. Bridging the passive low pass, means the 0.4 ohm series...
  6. boomerang

Replacing the MC312 for two Michi M8, brought a serious improvement regarding low frequency power, speed, control. (Both where used to power B&W 801D4 btw.) But I always had the impression, that the overall sound, especial midrange and high, was somehow flatter now, less three dimensional...
  7. boomerang

What is it about McIntosh?

Haha, i think i am starting to understand bits of this conversation a little better now. It is not so easy for me as a Dutch, to read between the lines, understand what is really ment. Even had to look up " foul mouthed ". Still learning. But we have that in Holland too ;)
  8. boomerang

Ok. Agree with that to be honest, some of their products lack distinction. The 275 is one of them, the turntable also. While the C22 mkV for example, is a worthy brands representative for me.
  9. boomerang

Is this a Mcintosh bash topic? Strange. Even sales representatives from brands like Classé and Audio Research speak highly about the sound quality of Mac gear here in Europe. B&W guy told me he heard the new 801D4 play on MC1.2KW and told me this was the most impressive performance he had...
  10. boomerang

B&W 800D4 series

In my opinion the 802D3 produced a very realistic soundstage, for me not harsh or metallic at all! Especially male voices where more coherent and had more body compared to the Blade. (upper bass/lower mid region) But i think it is very hard to discuss these kind of subjects, if we listen to...
  11. boomerang

B&W 800D4 series

Matter of taste of course. Heard the Blade 2, but prefered the 802D3 by far. Both on Mcintosh MC462 main amp.
  12. boomerang

B&W 800D4 series

With DSP every speaker can get a straight graphic of course. That does not mean every “straight speaker“ sounds great.
  13. boomerang

801D4 measurements

Ah, how is the sound...indeed the most relevant question to ask. Came from CM10, could not believe that the new cone material continuum was relevant enough to go to 702S2, till I heard the difference. In 2020 a dream came true. 702S2 out, 802D3 in. Great live-like sound experience, transparant...
  14. boomerang

801D4 measurements

Thanks Livarot! Exactly as i was thinking tonight....best thoughts tend to pop up just before going to sleep ;) I already had planned a crossover measurement with a plain resistor instead of the woofers for today. But it is clear to me now, that this is useless. Question that remains is this...
  15. boomerang

801D4 measurements

Hi everyone, let’s start with the best regards from Holland. First posting here, read a lot already, great forum! Question: In the last week, I did some measurements on my 801D4. Glad to obtain a frequency respons quite similar to the results of HifiNews in their review. What wonders me is why...
Top Bottom