Recent content by bogart

1. bogart

Sigberg Audio Manta (12" wideband cardioid active speakers) development thread

Concurring with @digitalfrost - these are not exactly going to hide in the room. The white and natural wood are very complementary, and the contrast of black drivers to the white cabinet shows off their muscles. I vote white.
  2. bogart

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

*whistle* that's really nice. i love the roman numerals and small seconds subdial. would love to know the reference number on this if you have it. lovely!
  3. bogart

Funny to see this pop up right after trying one on! It is absolutely a looker in person. Interesting and exceptional fact about it: it’s one of the very few fancy watches I’ve ever had female acquaintances comment on favourably. Your mileage may vary, but that came as a shock to me! My wife...
  4. bogart

Very cool - hadn't heard they were making these, and love the vintage look and feel with modern expectations. Great pickup!
  5. bogart

Sigberg Audio SBS.1 Active speakers development thread

@sigbergaudio If I wanted to wall-mount the SBS.1, would I need a wall-mounted shelf stand, or are there other ways of handling that well? I'm thinking specifically of preserving the design's slight tilt, as well as whether it provides enough space to use the DSP profiles provided. Thanks!
  6. bogart

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Most of my day is at my desk, split between headphones and a 2.1 system depending on whether I’m alone in the house. Otherwise, it’s Sonos while doing household tasks. Whenever the stars align, though, I get to listen on the Revels in the basement. Based on listening hours, I should really...
  7. bogart

Neil Young PONO player Review

Love seeing this review, thanks Amir! I loved the idea of making sure fidelity was something that was commercially relevant at the time he released this. It’s disappointing to see how bad the implementation was. It also was doomed from the start without a bigger coalition behind it. Ergonomics...
  8. bogart

Gym Goers

Interesting topic! I train heavy with a trainer one day a week with barbells and lift heavy doing the core bodybuilding moves. I try to manage home workouts with < 50lb dumbbells + kettlebells once a week in addition, though I'd love to make it to two sessions. Walking dogs and kid around...
  9. bogart

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Just made a huge step upward in home brewing quality. I retired a 9-year-old Baratza Virtuoso grinder and replaced it with a Fellow Ode 2 and am absolutely thrilled with the results. Much better ergonomics, quieter grinder, better size consistency and stellar cups of filter coffee. It was an...
  10. bogart

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Thanks for the tip! After sampling their live show - it's too bad that recordings don't bring some of the heavy/jam/'live' of their show. 2young is a great example of them sounding heavily produced and polished on the record, but that song absolutely slams live! I'm also in Toronto - wish I'd...
  11. bogart

Finding it frustrating to find a cable for Sundara - will this work?

@Music1969 - did you end up liking this cable?
  12. bogart

Looking for Deadheads and interested Civilians

@DVDdoug you aren't alone! For what it's worth, this was my *exact* experience as well. I was certain they were fairly hard rock/heavy metal. Even the imagery I saw around the band told me that I was right! I remember borrowing a CD from the library and being really confused by the song...
  13. bogart

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

Tried posting a new thread but got no traction, so I'll use this one instead! I'm thinking of finalizing a pair of KH 120 II's for my desktop. Near-wall and close sloped-ceiling on one side make me think correcting the response will be necessary. Is it realistic to seek out a loan of MA-1 kit...
  14. bogart

Borrow Neumann MA-1 Kit - Canada?

Greetings - post title says it. I'm considering a set of KH 120 II's and wanted to know whether there's anyone Toronto / GTA local who can loan an MA-1 kit. Once set up, I don't expect to reset them, and haven't found anyone who rents the kit. Curious whether there's anyone who can help if I...
  15. bogart

New mysterious Genelec monitors

Alignment of the equipment to how it's used is essential engineering practice. Even more - why take a room out of commission to add headroom that just isn't necessary? That's money lost (can't work in there) and money spent (new gear). Unless they're selling the old gear, then it's probably a...
Top Bottom