Recent content by BobZmuda

1. B

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Reading through this thread, I gather that the speakers do not sound great unless at ear-level, correct? (Apparently worse below the woofer).
  2. B

Why does music played through WMP sound louder than when played on Youtube?

Both volumes are set at max, yet if I "rip" a song from youtube (convert to mp3) and play the file, it is demonstrably louder. I have no sort of enhancements enabled in Windows Media Player. I have Windows 7 btw.
  3. B

Philips SHP9500 are the best budget headphones

The main issue I had with his curve was the much lowered volume, even when I switched off the subbass filter and raised the pre-amp gain, which helped a little. It's odd because my curve also registers at 0.0 peak gain, yet sounds much louder. Would getting an external headphone amp be the only...
  4. B

As I said before, I applied his PEQ settings in Equalizer APO...took several minutes because you have to do each filter one by one. I then tried making adjustments based on his suggestions but it still didn't sound as good as my curve. With regards to PEQ, is there a "dummies" book that covers...
  5. B

I meant the people in the headphones/audiophile subreddits I referred to swear by this user's EQs: https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/
  6. B

A person on the audiophile subreddit did EQs for tons of headphones. People there swear by them. Here's the one for these headphones. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc2wanrbrqe0qn7/Philips%20SHP9500.pdf?dl=0 I once tried out his curve in E-APO and it sounded pretty good but volume was low. So I...
  7. B

Tell me what you think.
  8. B

Genelec 8030c vs 8351B

How do they compare? Do you find the latter worth the doubled price? Btw, are Genelecs for "life", or are all speakers doomed after a decade or so?
  9. B

Are there any speakers you love that measure badly?

Any subjective experience that defies objective data?
  10. B

If you had to choose in each price range...

I suppose the only difference between the LP series and the IN is that the latter is "3-way". Do you find that to be superior? Is it worth the big price hike?
  11. B

I put the wrong one in the OP. I meant m16. Fixed it.
  12. B

No, I said those were above my price range in the OP. I just said I could save up for them if worth it in the long run.
  13. B

I have a small untreated (does carpeting count?) bedroom where I keep speakers. Thus mid-field is as far as it gets. They could be on my desk (which is touching a wall and under a covered window) or on stands. Not interested in deep sub-bass as I primarily listen to music from the 60s/70s where...
Top Bottom