Recent content by Bob21

1. B

Advice needed: moving to class D

Yeah they seem to have designed it pretty well. The only thing I am slightly disappointed about is that I was hoping there would be enough room inside to mount an Acrylic V3 mini and use a step down board to power it. That won’t happen.
  2. B

The AliExpress link I mentioned in the first post. You want one, don’t you? :p
  3. B

The warning on the back made me chuckle!
  4. B

I haven’t decided on much yet but what I have done is let curiosity get the better of me. I ordered that Brzhifi! It can go in the kitchen with some mediocre speakers. However.. I’m really quite impressed! Not only is the build quality really good, but the case is a matte almost rubbery feeling...
  5. B

Yeah but now we’ll get slammed +20% at the border automatically and another lot on top if over ~£135 for duty! Would have to work out the import costs and tally it up. One thing you can be sure of though with any EU units is that the electrical safety will be on point! I really like the look...
  6. B

Sorry for the delay replying everyone. It’s been a little manic at work what with the ridiculous fuel situation in the U.K. right now. Agreed. If I did go for that for a smaller setup, I would change the IEC connector, and attach the earth lead to the chassis. Thanks, I’ll consider that. I...
  7. B

I am using Acrylic devices before the amps and a locally networked collection + Spotify. AFAIK, Acrylic doesn’t have an EQ and Spotify doesn’t support the EQ via iOS when Spotify connect is used (how it connects to the Acrylic devices). Sorry to be dumb, but how does this differ from other...
  8. B

Yeah I didn’t notice the grounding absence. I could easily change the IEC connector and add a ground to the chassis, I’ve done similar things before. I am a hobby tinkerer so changing components is no problem. Thanks for the info on op amps. I didn’t quite understand it but you’ve cleared that...
  9. B

Wow, those look nice. Those are wish list items for me but maybe over the course of a few months I could get 1 just for the living room. :)
  10. B

To further the above, I guess some EQ stuff would be nice. One of the things that bothered me about the tiny £6 unit I mentioned above is that there was no bass and treble dials. More control is always a good thing. :)
  11. B

Whoops, I hadn’t really got that far. I don’t really have a figure in mind. I could spend several hundred right now but I’m open to suggestions at different price points. If it’s really necessary to spend more I’ll spread it out. I suppose if it were to go much over £150-£200 per amp, I’d have...
  12. B

Hi everyone I am on the hunt for a couple of class D amplifiers to replace a Sherwood RX-2030 and Sony TA-FE370, and to add some additional speakers to other rooms. I apologise for my lack of understanding - I’ve done my best to read up as much as I can but I’ve reached the point where I think...
Top Bottom