Recent content by bmwr75

1. bmwr75

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

They didn't 3-4 years ago when my order was placed.
  2. bmwr75

Finally cancelled the order after being jacked around for 6 months.
  3. bmwr75

Eric Alexander is ruining his own company. I own two pairs of Tekton speakers and like them just fine. These boutique speaker companies sometimes have way to thin a skin. I've had bad experience trying to buy a pair of Zu speakers. Saw pictures a fellow posted of the Zu "factory" that he...
  4. bmwr75

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I emailed Eric Alexander after learning about the communications between him and Erin (because am a two time customer of Tekton). In the email I said "Read yesterday about you threatening Erin's Audio Corner youtube channel with legal action over their Troubadour review.". In his response, he...
  5. bmwr75

With respect to Erin doing his Klippel measurements with the Troubadour feet removed, my understanding is cabinet tuning is done by varying the port diameter and length. If wrong, am sure some of you will correct me. :) Assuming this is correct, the port on my Tekton Audio Impact Monitors is...
  6. bmwr75

I took the feet off my Tekton Audio Impact Monitors soon after receiving them so they could be used on some stands already owned. Never put them back on. Checked today and sure enough the hole (threaded receptacle) the feet screw in to are open all the way into the speaker. Never knew that...
  7. bmwr75

Guess I should have threatened to sue Tekton when after waiting 6+ months for them to send me grills that actually fit the Tekton Impact Monitors they shipped me. Finally called them and complained, they offered to immediately refund what was paid for the grills. Took their offer because it...
  8. bmwr75

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Poor value for sure. I've never spent $10K on any single piece of audio gear.
  9. bmwr75

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

10 lb. of crap in a $5000 bag, to slightly modify the old adage.
  10. bmwr75

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

I bought a pair of MDRV6 probably back in the 90s. They were a sub-$100 HP back then. I gave them away over 15 years ago.
  11. bmwr75

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

Bought a pair of those back in the 80s or 90s for less than $100 am sure. Gave them away decades ago.
  12. bmwr75

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I've never paid $6k for a pair of speakers, much less for a headphone. Not going to happen, ever. Have never heard headphones that get even close to the fidelity of a well designed and acoustically treated dedicated listening room.
  13. bmwr75

miniDSP Dirac Live causing imaging problems

Yes, mentioned earlier that disabling Dirac made the imaging issue go away.
  14. bmwr75

The delay in on the main speakers. They are closer to where I sit than the subs. The mains are Magnepan LRS+ and crossover is set at 80 Hz.
  15. bmwr75

I figured out what was going on. Bought this miniDSP 2x4HD and later upgraded it to a DDRC-24. This is a 2.2 stereo listening system. The two subs sit up against the front wall. The main left/right speakers are about 8 feet away from the front wall. I manually inputted the main speaker...
Top Bottom