Recent content by blynott

1. blynott

Sony STR-DH190 Stereo Receiver Reviewed

The Topping E30 looks interesting, wish I had seen that before I bought the Monolith. I added a Speedwoofer 10s and have been very happy with the bass response.
  2. blynott

I thought that I would need to use wifi but have been happy with the bluetooth performance. I bought an external DAC to use with my laptop but have hardly ever used it. I am also using spotify premium and really enjoying it.
  3. blynott

The Bluetooth feature works flawlessly for me. I'm not even sure I can tell the difference when I connect my laptop. I'll have to perform some kind of blind test and see if I can tell which is which. Of course I will need someone else to set it up for me. So far I am really enjoying this amp.
  4. blynott

I added an old Denon amp, a couple of JBL small speakers and a Speedwoofer 10s to the mix and now I am really enjoying the music. Everything feeds into the Sony and out to the Denon where I have the subwoofer connected. For background music I just use my phone and the Bluetooth and when I want...
  5. blynott

I finally received my Monolith USB DAC. It was instantly recognized by my laptop and using my 3.5 to 2xRCA connector it definitely improved the sound over just using bluetooth. I think the iFi Zen DAC also looks like a good solution but it is a bit more expensive and I didn't find it until I...
  6. blynott

The headphone DAC, it looked like a simple solution. I'll let you know in about a week if it improves the sound. I already had ordered a 3.5 to 2xRCA cable so I should be set. Update: Due to the corona virus shipping was delayed until today and it's going to take a week to get here from...
  7. blynott

Thanks, I ordered the Monolith DAC and will let you know if I can hear the difference.
  8. blynott

Thanks for the reply, I have ordered a 3.5 to 2xRCA and that will be my first attempt using my laptop. I guess that didn't work well? What DAC did you use? Did that make a difference? I am also trying to keep the cost down. Most of the time the Bluetooth is convenient and sufficient but I...
  9. blynott

New member here. Bought this expressly to use the Bluetooth feature to power a pair of Def Tech BP6B towers speakers. So far so good. Connects easily and has plenty of power to fill my listening space with music. Now for my question, how do I get a better audio signal to this unit to make...
Top Bottom