Recent content by bleachershane

1. bleachershane

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I did like the unit and found it quite stable in playing a variety of formats and bit rates. My other options was to finish building an O2 headphone amp I started about 5 years ago and using the line out of the DX3 to feed it. If I remember back, the line output didn't have issues with blow outs...
  2. bleachershane

Thanks for the reply, gives me some hope in starting to reuse my version 1 DX3 Pro.
  3. bleachershane

Looking for some opinions/advice from Version 1 owners. I got my DX3 Pro at the end of 2018, used it for a few weeks and then read the stories of loud bangs, blown headphone drivers and quite honestly I became nervous and stopped using the unit (I didn't want to risk my headphones and I dislike...
  4. bleachershane

Ahh, I only have version 1 still and wasn't aware that they finally implemented making getting fixed line out more difficult!
  5. bleachershane

That's quite odd if the remote is sending other commands and the unit is responding. Is it possible that just the Line Out button is not functioning on your remote? You could always do the phone camera test to see if the remote is indeed sending a signal when it's pressed.
  6. bleachershane

That's a great little guide, gives me confidence it can be done, I just need to look out my various tips to see what I've got. Sadly no hot air reworking gun, but do have a temperature controlled station.
  7. bleachershane

My thoughts would be a bad or fake batch of OPA2140. Tempted to attempt a change to some SOIC LM4562 opamps I've had around for a few years. DIP LM4562s were always my go to opamp over the last ten years or so, never soldered in SOIC though.
  8. bleachershane

Googling the term 'refractory soldering' comes up with nothing for me, what is refractory soldering, it is not a term I've ever heard?
  9. bleachershane

I really would not go anywhere near the 25v end of the scale just because the capacitors are rated at that, you should always avoid running any components at the top end of their capabilities. I'm assuming no one here has tried a supply over 15V, but if anyone wants to be a guinea pig then they...
  10. bleachershane

Here's the specs for my PSB M4U 1 headphones: Sensitivity average in band from 100 Hz to 10 kHz, dB/V 118,8 Impedance average in band from 40 Hz to 15 kHz, ohm 35,8 For 94,0 dB SPL need, VRMS 0,057 For 94,0 dB SPL need, mW 0,092 My listening volumes average...
  11. bleachershane

1812 here, still working, only used for say three hours a week at the moment.
  12. bleachershane

It means the headphones are volume controlled and the line output is also volume controlled as opposed to fixed line level out. What is it you mean when you say "how can i use it as both amp + dac for a 3.5mm headphone?"
  13. bleachershane

I hate to say it but the moment I noticed you said you were going to install a SOP8 to DIP8 converter to install a discrete opamp in your earlier comments, I knew this wasn't going to end well. I mean no disrespect but could the expense you have ended up with by taking this path ever be worth...
Top Bottom