Recent content by Blamb512

1. B

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

I wonder what's causing the resonances especially in the 200-800hz range, maybe the port? Any suggestions for how to tame it? I've seen a few people comment that the ports are smaller than expected, I wonder if cutting a slot port (connecting the two small ones) would have a beneficial effect...
  2. B

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

I bought a pair of these speakers locally used for $200 a few weeks back. I think they sound pretty good other than some bass bloom on the lower end. Just because I was curious after seeing these measurements and the resonances I decided to take them apart and see how they were made. Thought...
  3. B

RME announces app control for RME Adi-2 series

Just to check my understanding, if I'm using the Ipad app, I have to connect it with a USBC to USB B adapter to use the remote features?
  4. B

Revel C783 In-Ceiling Speaker Review

Interesting that the 8" has a dip at 700hz, yet the spin of the 6" looks to have a peak there:
  5. B

Monolith HTP-1 AV Processor Measurements (June 2023 Firmware + User Testing)

Thanks for the in depth testing! I fully agree with you on AVR performance at the 75db "reference" level listening as being most important for this processor. Good to see positive results as I picked one of these units up a few months ago.
  6. B

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

If this ever gets amazon HD music support I'd be extremely happy. Either that or Spotify HD finally comes out. On the audio advice video they claim amazon HD is coming out on the new Axn10 and MXn10's, sure hope it will be extended to the CXN as well
  7. B

FS: Topping D90 (non MQA) AKM4499 Black

Sold elsewhere, also must apologize as I re-read rules and I should not have posted this given my post count.
  8. B

FS: Topping D90 (non MQA) AKM4499 Black

Like new Topping D90 DAC with the sought after flagship AKM chip that’s no longer made due to the fire at the AKM factory. This unit sounds amazing, tests nearly perfect . Includes box and all original accessories. I’ve always turned it off when not in use so the oled screen is pristine, low...
Top Bottom