Recent content by BillyD

1. B

Have DT880, worth it to get HD800?

Alright. But besides this (which seems to be a very minor issue) isn't the HD800S better? I always believed that the HD800S was an upgrade.
  2. B

Right. But if it's inaudible does it matter? Also yeah I saw that post and what others said on reddit and I just got scared that I was missing something because I bought the 800S and not the 800.
  3. B

Damn you always save me from my paranoias solderdude thanks haha...
  4. B

Ok this might be pretty silly but... I did a bit of research today and discovered that the HD800S has more distortion in the bass compared to HD800 and it is a bit less clear and more muddy there and that the stock HD800 has more potential with EQ than the 800S with EQ because it has less THD...
  5. B

Apple lightning to 3.5mm or native headphone jack?

Great advice thanks. It really does sound incredible tbh, better I think than it does on my PC. Also as far as players on ios, I am using foobar2000 and HibyMusic at the moment. Are they bitperfect on ios? Like with WASAPI exclusive on PC?
  6. B

Actually I already have one and I did compare. This could all be in my head but I felt like the dongle was a little bit more resolving and made the soundstage a bit wider. I was just afraid that maybe if this is true that it is artificial and not supposed to happen because I think the...
  7. B

Seems great but if I get a dac I will probably get a desktop one and use it with my pc and iPad. Also is the Qudelix recommended in this situation because it does eq or for better sound quality too? Cause I know the Atom is as transparent as the come.
  8. B

Cool. I was looking at Neutron Player I might buy that. I think it has a lot of EQ capabilities and is bitperfect too. Also why would the Qudelix be better? You mean in terms of SQ or does it do some eq like you mentioned? Cause I know the Atom is as good as it gets in terms of transparency.
  9. B

Yeah I plan to get a dac at some point. Just wondering what I should do as a temporary solution. I am looking at Topping E30 or Topping DX3 Pro + right now.
  10. B

Cool so I don’t need a dac to improve sound quality right? Also does it get bad if you get louder than that? Not that I play music really loud but just want to know.
  11. B

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 (2015) and I want to use the HD800S with it. It has a headphone jack and I can also use a lightning to 3.5mm adapter (not the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter). 1) Without an external dac, using the Atom with it will be double amping right? Is that bad? 2) I know the USB-C...
  12. B

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

This seems to be great I love the sound but I have a couple questions. 1) I can't disable audio enhancements and have EAPO operating at the same time. If I install EAPO audio enhancements get enabled automatically and if I disable them it stops working. So what do I do here just keep them on...
  13. B

Yup that's it. If it was only for sound quality and not actual content I probably wouldn't care. But I think I have to pay more than the Atom + Dac to get all that so idk.
  14. B

Yeah true but like... you know sometimes I use Tidal and I also have some Depeche Mode DSD isos that I would like to utilize is all. I heard that you can convert DSD to PCM but I don't know if sound quality is the same. And with MQA you don't get the same SQ if its just software decoding or...
  15. B

Motherboard Audio Drivers Help

Also why does the system volume still work even with wasapi exclusive? Is it because that Sound Blaster control panel seems to be tied to it? It has a bar that actually controls te system volume so maybe that's why?
Top Bottom