Recent content by billqs

1. B

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

Hi! You don't mention which Stax Tube Amp you have, but I do have to mention that the SR-007's are the hardest Stax Estats to drive. You might want either a) easier to drive STAX like the Lambda series (although even the SR-009 is easier to drive than the 007), or get a higher voltage swing amp...
  2. B

Stax SRM-Xh Review (Electrostatic Headphone Amp)

Way late to this party, but the SR-007's are much harder to drive than the Lambdas (also harder to drive than the SR-009). I believe the mini amp reviewed here is only meant to power the "L" series.
  3. B

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

I hate to ask a (probably) redundant question. Is the performance of the Lightning connection version of the Apple dongle close to that of the USB C one? Thanks!
  4. B

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

I have to say right now JBL is putting a lot of bang for the buck, with really good performance in the A and the 3 Series! It's great to be able to recommend something almost anyone looking for better audio could afford to pick up!
  5. B

JBL Studio 6 alive on USA JBL site 698, 690, 630, 620, 610, 665c, 625c, 650p

Right now, though the incoming 6 series is currently priced higher than the HDI 1600's, probably the 1600's are on sale.
  6. B

JBL 708P Review (Professional Monitor)

If you want to shoot me a pm and let me know what you want for them, we can see? I'm heavily invested in my M&Ks right now, so I need to get some line on selling them.
  7. B

Good question! I haven't seen many of them either, mostly used. I have a JBL SDP75 Sound Processor so I have a way to use the acoustic files for Active EQ, but I don't have the spare channels to do it. The SDP75 I have is the 16 channels version, with a recently introduced firmware to add a...
  8. B

Looking for possibly changing from M&K S150's to a JBL horn arrangement in my home theater to more closely match cinema sound. I have a friend who mixes for studios and he said the JBL 708 is the closest he had heard to the sound he hears on dubbing stages (he had to set this up due to COVID...
  9. B

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Did you buy it from an authorized dealer in your country? RME have known to be strict about not repairing items that come from the "grey market". (That's not my opinion. I buy used/grey a lot, but RME does this to protect their dealer network.)
  10. B

Review and Measurements of Chord Mojo DAC and Amp

The Mojo didn't measure well. It was my Mojo I lent for testing. I sold it later and am using a Khadas Tone Board now.
  11. B

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Hi! I have a very similar setup to yours. I have a KGsshv Carbon, SR007 mk2's as well. The RME sounds wonderful over electrostats!
  12. B

RME ADI 2 DAC vs. Sanskrit 10 and Khadas Tone Board

I'm glad there's more discussion going on. When I said I couldn't hear a difference, there is no doubt that RME is the better dac. I believe it has measured as close to perfect as there is from Amir's reviews. From engineering to balanced outs, the fact that it has an extremely capabile...
Top Bottom