Recent content by billmr

1. B

Vintage Speakerlab speaker operating manual from 1974

I found an old Speakerlab manual from some of my old speakers, I liked the "how much power do I need?" Graph rs, I figured I would share it with y'all
  2. B

The Vinyl Frontier

The vinyl thing is far more sensory than Digital will ever be. I can give you an example. I vividly remember the first time I listened to an album called Days of Future Past with a friend, this was like 40 years ago, and I admit there may have been alcohol and oak trees involved, regardless we...
  3. B

1MORE Quad Driver Review (IEM)

Question: who the heck still uses those airplane 2-plugs as to need this adapter??? someone who wants to watch the inflight movie? I have not flown in like 10 years, but the planes I flew on needed this adaptor. Does anyone know why have the airlines not changed the jacks to a standard...
  4. B

Using a passive volume control hooked to amp output for noise reduction

This looks like it might properly power my pioneer se-700 pizio headphones, cool
  5. B

Tube tester Hickok 600

I just got a cool looking Tube tester. I think it is a hickok 600 made in around '47 or 48. It looks like it is new. Does anyone know anything about these ?
  6. B

Windows audio stuttering

I have had this problem with all audio players in windows for a long time (mostly server os types) Especially bad if hyper-v was enabled. I have done dpc and latency checking, looked at drivers, set the player to a certain core etc. I finally gave up and got a nice desktop dac/amp with 2...
  7. B

Kicker Key 180.4 Review (DSP Car Amplifier)

I got one of these new in the box at my local Value village for $7.99 a few months ago. I was going to throw it into my kids e36 bmw along with whatever random speakers I have laying around. one channel of his stock amp does not work and bmw is known for crappy speakers. It has to sound way...
  8. B

Tascam BD-MP1 Review (CD/Blu-ray Player)

I think this is the first cd player review ? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measuring-cd-players.19676/page-2#post-773885 I had asked about it once. I have a pioneer pdr19rw it might be interesting to have you record some things and test the playback it back...
  9. B

Worst and best bad movies you've every accidentally watched?

I haven't seen this one, but it is definitely in some category. Ultra-violent horror movie about a young woman who has sex with cars and is impregnated by a vintage Cadillac stuns Cannes Film Festival...
  10. B

Thoughts on tubed preamps?

I just got spammed from someone who thinks I should buy Rogue Audio Preamp, and I was curious if one of these had ever been measured. I have had several tube amps over the years, and I especially liked them on cold winter nights, The plasma tv helped too. Both sounded and looked good.
  11. B

How close can I get the sound of my vinyl setup to my digital setup

Yes, yes , yes this. I have one fully manual one and it is a pita, and the needle has traveled on the end groove sometimes for days I have some more auto ones that I switched it out with cause of that.
  12. B

Measuring CD Players?

Amir, I have a sony x777es and a pioneer pdr19rw and both of these have optical output. if you can find a test cd let me know. I can think of all kinds of things to measure, but other people thought of more https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/creating-test-cd
  13. B

How close can I get the sound of my vinyl setup to my digital setup

Hopefully you still have your old cart, look into it and if it is a good one see if you can get a new needle.
Top Bottom