Recent content by bigfanres

1. B

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

Only a note to add the the R26 “works” with the Pi2 Design Mercury V3 over I2S via HDMI. Pretty nice out of the box and connection was easy. Need to play with DSD and PCM NOS, but hearing MQA 44kh over Tidal via Volumio for first time was terrific.
  2. B

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

OP / P means Gustard is set to 0 which is full gain. Try it at -40.
  3. B

Gustard R26 XLR, RCA SQ

Subs don’t require much signal power, amps are 22kohms. I have amps on XLR to RCA converter (going to throw in the Benchamrk cable and see if improves), and dual subs off L/R RCAs out. Wondering where volume is ideal on R26, ie, -20, -4, 0. For
  4. B

Gustard R26 XLR, RCA SQ

This issue has been touched upon but not precisely, when BOTH XLR and RCA outputs are being used simultaneously…. Setup: XLR out (via converter) to RCA monoblocks, short run, AND RCA out to dual subs with independent gain and crossover control. Audible, unmeasured findings seem that once the...
  5. B

Analog Pass-Through DAC to Pre

You’ve given me something to investigate-in keeping my pre; I don’t want any further signal degradation if I can help it.
  6. B

If the Topping allowed for gain adjustment for the 2 pairs of XLR+RCA output (aside from XLR +6db), AND the addition of a mini-DSP product would allow incorporation of dual subs AND a crossover set point for Mains, then it could potentially work. I cannot determine from its thin manual or online...
  7. B

My preamp won’t let me activate any sub out (for DSP) without triggering its own DAC on mains. This is my issue. Even if I run mains at Full Range, once subs are engaged (even without a crossover or LFE), it will then bypass my external DAC. TY.
  8. B

My subs have built in DSP and app-based Room correction. I just need the pre to provide the external DAC pass through to mains, subs as a signal, and ideally a second / remote output signal for B speakers.
  9. B

I had thought the Schiit Freya might do the trick with sub out, a second set of amp out pairs, balanced in, and no phono stage all with pure analog volume control.
  10. B

I’m running a R26 DAC (happily) into a Madrigal Proceed AVP2 Pre/Pro (baby Levinson). I only listen to Stereo Sound (no effects, no HT). I have run dual subs historically, however, I just learned I’ve been listening to the Proceed’s internal DAC! It sounds and has sounded “good” to me. Unless I...
  11. B

Is bluetooth actually worse for audio than coax/toslink?

WiFi/Airplay 24/192, isn’t that enough said relative to BT regardless of CODEC implemented?
  12. B

I need advice on choosing a phono preamp.

You mean Parks Audio and you’re recommending his WaxWing, not their Puffin, or both??
  13. B

Bypassing Streamer (Wiim) DAC

98% of content here on ASR isn’t 16/44 science. LBH, most on ASR are looking for the rationale, scientific backing such that is will measurably, AND audibly, improve the sound quality listening experience. Otherwise, we are fledgling scientists, and perhaps not audiophiles. I’d reason, A-S-R, by...
  14. B

If one cannot audibly discern 192 vs 96 (or 48…), what are we doing here?
  15. B

Your mileage will very….https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/the-audiophiliac-asks-the-experts-do-digital-audio-connections-sound-different/
Top Bottom