Recent content by bigbag34

1. bigbag34

Reference "stereo" songs

Supertramp “Child of Vision” 2010 remaster
  2. bigbag34

Outlaw 2200 M-Block Amplifier Review

Another change, and one subjectively, that I don’t like is the country of manufacture changed. The older models were made in Taiwan and these new ones are made in China. I know that from reading posts by “Peng” on another forum that outlaw had a long time relationship with the Taiwanese...
  3. bigbag34

Quick Review of the JBL Studio 530

Pretty sure they're the same exact compression driver. The older JBL Eon Series used the same compression driver and had a different part # for it. Below is diagram from JBL Eon 510.
  4. bigbag34

Show us your Cars

Normal road bikes only have 25-28mm wide tires, and they cannot fit anything wider. Those narrow tires run at a very high pressure. Combine narrow width and very stiff high pressure and normal road bikes are only suited for smooth pavement. A gravel bike can fit much wider tires, 40-42mm wide...
  5. bigbag34

Show us your Cars

Broke and unemployment at the moment so using this a lot. It’s a Mongoose Elroy gravel bike that I bought last fall. It’s a great value.
  6. bigbag34

Budget speakers < $500?

Sure they’re nice but mighty power hungry. Hope you have a powerful amp.
  7. bigbag34

Looking for streamer, help!? [WENT for DIY!? with PI3 + PICOREPLAYER]

Check out the Klipsch Gate. DTS play-fi, hi-res. Bad thing is you have to use its internal DAC, but I sent Amir one for testing so we’ll see how it measures. They go on sale for less than $50 on amazon, integrates with Qobuz. In fact Qobuz did a tear down of the device, link below...
  8. bigbag34

Tidal vs. Deezer vs. Qobuz vs. Spotify vs. Apple Music

My “steamer” is a Klipsch gate which may not be high enough quality to tell a difference but I honestly didn’t hear much difference between paid Quobuz highest quality and paid Spotify highest quality. My dac, amp, preamp, speakers are all budget oriented so my equipment might not be resolving...
  9. bigbag34

Expensive loudspeakers that sound bad

Focal, Golden Ear. Bright, harsh misery speakers to my ears; at least what I’ve heard from those brands.
  10. bigbag34

Klipsch RP-600M Speaker Review

They obviously understand marketing and engineering. Their waveguide is well designed so I can only assume that they purposely design in their “house sound.”
  11. bigbag34

Quick Review of the JBL Studio 530

I have the larger JBL 580's and I love them. I have had quite a few different speakers in and out of my system over the last 4 years and I consistently prefer and have kept the JBL's. I think the JBL studio 5 series speakers are a monster value (except the wimpy center). I like Ron's videos and...
  12. bigbag34

IOTAVX SA3 Integrated Amplifier

Cool I'm excited to see how that SA3 tests! I currently run an Emotiva PT100 and for the price it's hard to beat.
  13. bigbag34

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

That’s my stance as well. In my experience if I don’t like the speakers out of the box, then no amount of “break-in” is going to help.
  14. bigbag34

Male vocals

Old Love - Eric Clapton Live at MTV Unplugged (deluxe edition) Close mic’d Clapton sounds great, well recorded.
Top Bottom