Recent content by Bghead8che

1. B

Surge suppressors: Are SurgeX units the best available?

Does anyone know the difference between the SX-1115-RT and the SA-1810 other than the form factor? Thanks!
  2. B

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

What an odd coincidence. Tekton is disagreeing with or threatening legal action against the only two companies that have provided a technical review based on measurements. Seems to be a pattern.
  3. B

Integra DRX-8.4

Any hints at this thing getting Dirac ART when available?
  4. B

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Thank you. I found Glen's response. He's basically saying, yes, all Amir's measurements are spot on, however, we don't have the tests to properly measure the differences. Which then made me wonder......... if we can't measure the differences, how did he test and design for the same? Glen...
  5. B

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Can you provide a link to his comments? I don't know what PS A is. Thanks.
  6. B

EquiTech 1.5RQ Balanced Power Review

What is the consensus on Furman products? https://furmanpower.com/product/discrete-symmetrical-power-filter-20-amp/
  7. B

How to make quasi-anechoic speaker measurements/spinoramas with REW and VituixCAD

We are lost without our leader Napilopez, stumbling in the dark. :D
  8. B

How to make quasi-anechoic speaker measurements/spinoramas with REW and VituixCAD

Correct, 4". Measured from the 1/2 the peak of the surround to 1/2 the peak of the opposite surround.
  9. B

Looking for someone to help/consult with REW

Yes, I am all set as far as the measurements and equipment go. I just need help in blending the measurements into a 20 to 20K range. Thanks!
  10. B

Looking for someone to help/consult with REW

Hi Guys, I am in the process of learning how to use REW to make indoor speaker measurements using the method found here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-make-quasi-anechoic-speaker-measurements-spinoramas-with-rew-and-vituixcad.21860/page-9 The thread has...
  11. B

Thank you! The raised part is considered the "surround" putting this driver with a piston area of 4".
  12. B

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'm asking where to start the measurement for the piston area... half-way into the blue line or half-way into the yellow line? If we measure from the blue line the piston area is 4.5 inches. If we measure from the yellow line the piston area is 4.0 inches.
  13. B

I think I'm still confused by how to measure the "speaker piston diameter" for the baffle compensation spreadsheet. In the pic below do I measure halfway from the blue line or the yellow line? Thanks!
  14. B

<< Based on your outdoor photo, it looks like the speaker is far forward on the turntable. The baffle should be directly above the axis of rotation.>> I haven't posted my off axis response yet, however, I think I did my off-axis measurements wrong. I had the baffle of the tower speaker aligned...
  15. B

Attached are the on-axis and individual driver measurements. The hi-end response deviates quite a bit from Ascend's official chart. However, I did find some independent measurements that are much closer to my measurements. I've attached some response images below for a baseline below...
Top Bottom