Recent content by Bernardo_G

1. B

Is this a legit product?

Hello everybody. I'm very interested in the Denafrips Hyperion amp and found this option to buy it...
  2. B

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

A Schiit Modi DAC for laptop streaming and CD and a Vincent Audio PHO-300 for my Pro-Ject turntable
  3. B

That's the thing... today I tested my system at 100% volume (kids at school, wife away at the office LOL) and sure it was loud but I feel it needs a bit more of grunt, really. My emotional brain (GAS) says that I might need to upgrade my power amp but my wallet says "oh no, here we come...
  4. B

Michael, I still have a few questions; sorry but I'm trying to learn and see what would be the best options to make my gear work as expected. Answering your question, it seems that my active preamp does not add any gain, it only attenuates. Given that, my questions are? a) If I add an Eq...
  5. B

That's what I did; however, when listening to some of my vinyls, the power is just not there, even at near maximum volume. I have to crank the volume pot around 50% to 60% to get to normal listening levels
  6. B

Great information really!!! I truly appreciate it; now I know what else to look for when buying a power amp in the future. I'll keep this one for now and when funds permit, I'll look for another power amp. BTW, if there's any recommendation of a solid power amp in the range of $1,000 to $1,600...
  7. B

I bought this amp, based on the glowing reviews I've seen here and on some other sites. After several hours of testing I have very mixed feelings about it. Call me newbie or whatever but I find this amp seriously under-powered for 125W per channel at 8 Ohms; I have it connected to a Ladder Bach...
  8. B

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Great feedback guys; thank you for your comments!!
  9. B

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Hello everybody; long time reader, first time poster. My name is Bernardo García and I'm a music lover and home audio enthusiast (I don't call myself an"audiophile"); I've been learning a lot from reading your posts, and slowly assembling my humble audio system, funds permitting. Probably this...
Top Bottom