Recent content by Benpowell

1. B

Meizu Hifi USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

All I ment is that people perceive those products to have slightly more bass and slightly less bright treble. I have no evidence whatsoever to substantiate that claim apart from hearsay and speculation. However it is the way I hear it personally as do many others.
  2. B

The believe on this forum is that dacs sound the same unless they are flawed. however I do not believe this so many factors affect the sound of a dac the power supply has a huge effect on output amongst other things. Not to mention in subjective tests not involving measurements most people tend...
  3. B

I would say your problem would come with something like akg 702 with an Impedance of about 60 ohms ish would trigger low Impedance mode but really not enough volume or power for akg therefore sounds better when tricked into high gain. perhaps not such an issue with 32ohm or 16ohm headphones but...
  4. B

It will power them no problem using a pc or usb audio player on your phone will allow full volume. in android it is possible to trick dac into high gain using a 3.5 Male to female cable or adapter ensuring whatever you plug in it will be set to high output mode.
  5. B

The problem really is android, all these little dongles have power saving modes built in to save battery life not to mention android outputting an odd sample rate. The lowest volume on high gain with blon 03 is to loud in android. USB audio player solves some of the problems, But ultimately when...
  6. B

Dense Audio Adapt Reference Headphone Adapter Review

How does fiio stack up as a usb dac from pc with 3.5 out? Not interested in bluetooth performance.
  7. B

I prefer the sound of high gain mode on most of my headphones I have er2 sr and er4 sr but i feel it may possibly be to loud for those. I'm looking into ess new built in solution they seem to be far more successful than companies trying to peice together an amp and dac. These all in 1s are the...
  8. B

This is the Male to female cable I use made by deleycon from amazon. I'm sure any 3.5 to 3.5 would work.
  9. B

I have meizu non pro and can confirm volume trick works on youtube spotify etc I just leave the 3.5 female plugged in and any headphones I plug in get extra volume.
  10. B

Thanks for confirming hope your ears are intact. so basically the meizu non pro could possibly be as loud as the pro and and s8 and or tempotec which would mean the measurement of 1v can not be correct as this should easily be able to do 2v as a line out for an amplifier. When plugged into pc I...
  11. B

Can you compare maximum volume between them both? When meizu is tricked
  12. B

I know there is definitely something going on with this. i hate it when they do these stupid Impedance modes same crap with b&o hifi plus and lg phones pathetic volume until you fiddle the Impedance modes. I read on the s8 if Impedance is above 80 ohm I think it triggers. playing with windows 10...
  13. B

The same thing happens with usb audio player. I think try a 3.5 to female and uninstall neutron.
  14. B

Haha lol I was not very good in school. :)
  15. B

I'm by no means an expert but if I use blon 03 without using 3.5 to female first the volume is much lower even at maximum iv been messing around with my hd 650 as well going to try with pc later it's just updating the other thing about the chip I discovered is that it may perform better with...
Top Bottom