Recent content by Beng

1. B

Minidsp C-DSP 8x12 V2.0 Review

Thanks for the review. Any measurements of sinad with various filters engaged. I have observed a degradation of snr which high q filters. I assuming to has to do with the bitlength of the compute engine.
  2. B

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

Just checked and my A07 is switching at 600khz
  3. B

Key spec for the 1uf caps on the output. The 1uf resonance is ~600khz. if the switching freq is 600khz this help give a deep null at the switching freq. Ten years ago I designed a 10mhz switcher and we stumbled on this.
  4. B

to fix the capacitor problem, DA distortion in coupling caps, you can do two things. The problem of capacitors with memory, they don't fully discharge quickly. You can go with polypro or other low DA dielectric or you can make the capacitor much larger, shift the cutoff lower so the voltage...
  5. B

Review and Measurements of Schiit Modi 3 DAC

I measured the output of the clock. At that point in time I did not have the tech to measure the output of the dac with adequate resolution. We were able to perceive the difference doing blind tests. We built a and marketed a transport which dominated the high end rooms at CES for ~ five years...
  6. B

If he is not measuring in the presence of vibration he is not measuring it. I will admit that I don't hear this problem in modern equipment, but that could be one I am getting old, two the gear is better, three the effect is masked.
  7. B

In the old days I connected a pll to the clock and monitored it. I realize that could wander into the destructive testing. One way might be to use a vibration plate. In my experience crystals seemed to be sensitive to midrange frequencies, middle of the piano, which is beyond most cheap...
  8. B

Crystals which are the source the clock in any system are mechanical resonators based on the piezo-electric. This means that crystals have a sensitivity to mechanical vibration. The sensitivity is a function of the type cut of the crystal. 25 years ago this was an issue because most systems used...
Top Bottom